Well, apparently my little guy is a fish!! He LOVES the water! I already knew he loved pools, but didn't know about the beach. I needn't have been concerned. We went to Galveston yesterday (yes we went a few weeks ago with Aunt Lindsey, but we didn't go to the ocean, just the lame Moody Gardens Beach). My dear friend, Susan, rented a beach house with her family and invited for a shrimp boil and all the festivities that entails! Tate and I took off Saturday morning at 9am...he cooperated and napped the entire way there!! (we're only about 50-60 minutes from the beach, however Susan's beach house rental was almost to California, so it took another 20 minutes to get to it!). I took Tate down to the beach along with Susan's 4 and 7 year old to 'just take a walk'...no one was to get wet. Well Tate took one look at Alex and Katherine skipping in the water and was all over that. Off came his pants and he was thrilled!!
Later after a second nap and lunch we ventured back to the ocean in the appropriate gear. Uncle Dan took Tate waaayyy out into the Gulf!! Tate was in heaven. My little guy was just laughing and having a fabulous time. This is probably one of the best parts of being a mom...seeing your child so happy and so excited. The joy on his face was just priceless!! And after all the fun, he wanted to just snuggle up with me...it made me reminiscent of those newborn days. Actually even now, Tate will curl up on me when he's tired and bring those little long legs of his up under himself. I love that feeling!!
We spent the night at the Hilton Hotel courtesy of my boss! Our office summer party was this weekend, and she footed the bill for a night out for the entire staff. It was Tate's first night in a hotel. Suffice it to say, crazy rock stars trashing hotel rooms have nothing on what a 14 month old can do to a hotel room!!
We went to brunch today at Rita's new house, and Tate fell in love with her dog!! He was a little skittish at first, but warmed up quickly and followed Maddie all through the house!
We've also had a week of amazing things!!!
Has started calling me Mama off and on!!
Says 'Bye Vincent'
Says car, cat, what sounds like 'I did it'
Loves when singing 'The Wheels on The Bus..' hearing the lyrics 'the baby says waa-waa-waa'...he
cracks up when I sing that verse.
He gives great hugs!!
Loves hugging Vincent!
Tooth #I erupted!!
Allergy season is here :( he's quite congested!! As is his mommy!
All in all a great end to September!!!

2 comments:
My second son is great cuddler--it's definitely a bonus for this always working, always tired, never any down-time mom. Enjoy these moments with Tate--great photos!
you forgot to mention about my allergic reaction to his evil bug spray!
Post a Comment