Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Handy Manny Take Two

Well, apparently I need to start packing up my house. 

Last week, my garbage disposal went on the blitz.  Sink backed up with water, and mushy baby food plus water is soooo not appealing.  Ugh.  I am proud to say I did know that if the garbage disposal wasn't working I couldn't run the dishwasher.  This is not a good thing either as I run our dishwasher every night.  Do anyone know how many parts there are to sippy cups and straw cups?  Well I do, because I take them apart every single night and put them in my dishwasher.  As we are just coming to the end of our transition from bottles to sippy cups, I go through alot of 'choices' for Tate as he tends to throw tantrums when he doesn't want the sippy or straw cup I've chosen.  And heaven forbid he sees a bottle out of the corner of his eye...all hell breaks loose.  My wonderful mommy came over and waited for the plumber for me, and thank goodness it was just a clog and I didn't need a new garbage disposal.

So, I'm loading and unloading the dishwasher with glee these days.  So thrilled my house is on the mend!!  Monday starts off well.  Tate's at daycare :(  I'm at work :( :(  So maybe not so well.  I pick Tate up from daycare and we ease our way into the house around the mostly closed door to keep the escape artist cat in.  (this is never pleasant, as I'm carrying a filthy one year old, both his bags, my purse and pump and trying to make my cat realize he really loves us and wants to stay with us).  Well it's even more unpleasant on Monday as I'm assaulted by a humid warmth emanating from WITHIN my house!!  We have no a/c on the second and third floor.  Tate is starving, Vinnie has every right to want to escape and I just want to lay down and be waited on by Sven.  Tate gets fed and bathed and we're off to Grandmommy and Granddaddy's for the night (this was a bad idea, as I'm sure it's obvious Tate won't sleep well after falling asleep in the car on the way over...).  But we were cool, and my mom made me dinner.  Tate stayed with Grandmommy on Tuesday, and Granddaddy came over and waited for the a/c man.  Now I'm freezing as I type this and my fingertips are blue tonight!!

Do I have the most amazing parents ever or what?!?!

BUT....GUESS WHAT?!!   I may not have to move after all!!  The wonderful Bryan and Mike came over and installed our 2 gates on Sunday!!!  Of course Vincent is not pleased with the new corrals...his mad cat hour is severely limited.

Even better my housekeeper comes tomorrow, so my house will at least smell clean and I'll have smooth floors until Tate's dinnertime and my toilets will be clean until Friday morning when Tate finds an assortment of objects to throw into them.

So, reprieve on the 'For Sale' sign for now.

2 comments:

Lindsey Cunningham said...

haha poor Vincent he can no longer have mad cat hour. he was very disturbed today. he tried to dart upstairs and blast there was a gate in his way. then, he tried to dart downstairs and double blast another gate!! if he only had thumbs!

Laraf123 said...

What a Monday! Doesn't it seem like sometimes, troubles (usually in the form of pets or appliances around here) just gang up on us? Glad things are looking up!