Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Wow!! New accomplishments and making memories!

My little boy amazes me every single day!!  Two weekends ago he was near our top stairs and I raced over to stop him (reference Handy Manny posts as to why the gates were not yet installed...they are now!!).  Anywho, Tate turned around and started going down on his belly...I never taught him how to do that, nor do I go down the stairs in that manner!!  Off he went!  Last Monday, he shimmied off my bed all of his own...again I never showed him how to do this!!  How do they figure this stuff out?  He has this little toy fire truck which has little buttons that make fire engine noises.  Friday he pushes the button to make the noise and looks at me and makes the WOO OOO WOO OOO noise (you know what I mean!).  It was so cute.  Those perfect little lips of his in that little 'O.'  I love it!


As the good mom I'm supposed to be I've gotten him off all bottles save the one right before bed since last Monday as well.  Our transition to whole milk was sooooo much smoother than our horrible use of formula to supplement my breast milk.  I just love everything about this little guy.


We've had such a great weekend so far.  We've been to the park twice...he LOVES going down the slide and went to an indoor play area yesterday with Grandmommy.  He had an absolute blast.  We met Aunt Lindsey for lunch on Friday...Tate does surprisingly well at restaurants thus far.  I'm really proud of him.  He sits in his highchair and just people watches.  We stayed with my parents last night and came home late this afternoon.


We had one of those moments this afternoon that I will cherish always, and I hope when Tate is older he will as well.  I was changing the sheets on my bed and put Tate on the bed once I had the fitted sheet on.  I then floated the flat sheet up over his head and let it settle onto his head over and over!  He loved it.  He laughed and laughed...I could listen to my little boy giggle and watch him smile all day long.  His joy just made my heart full.  But what had my heart overflowing was the memory of my mom doing this with me when I was a little girl.  Whenever she changed the sheets my sister and I would climb on the bed so she could float it over our heads.  We would giggle and laugh just like Tate.  As I climbed onto the bed to cuddle my beautiful baby I had tears down my cheeks as I had that memory.  I have the best mommy ever.

1 comment:

Lindsey Cunningham said...

i remember mom doing that with me when i was little! or i would hide under the sheets! so much fun!