Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Trains and Princesses

Just some fun Tate tidbits at 3y2m3d old!

In the past 2 weeks he has started breaking into song.  It's so very cute!!  He routinely sings "I've Been Working on the Railroad" (this should shock noone), "The Farmer and the Dell" (of which I have no idea where he heard it;  I suppose at school...he gets frustrated because I can't help with the words when he misses some!),  "A Ram Sam Sam" (song from our music class) and a few others.  It's so super cute and I love hearing his little voice sing relatively on key.

He is still in love with Sammi.  110%.  Tonight he told me "I'm going to Sammi's birthday this weekend" (nope not her birthday, nor do I know when it is).  "I'm going to be funny with Sammi, Isla (Sammi's age appropriate sister) and Noah (the newly turned 7 year old son of one my dear friends).   Everything he does at school he's going to show to Sammi.

Just today, he started ended all of his sentences with "...right, pal?"  Yep calling me pal.  So funny.

He readily climbs in and out of the crib at night when going to sleep to pick up a dropped stuffed animal, turn the lullaby music on or off depending on his mood or to go to the bathroom.  He always climbs right back in.  It seems to have totally escaped him that he could just stay out and play.  Apparently, he listened when I told him he needs to stay in his crib until I come get him after night or nap time.  During the naps when he doesn't sleep, but stands and piddles around for the required hour in the crib, he does not climb out.  Love this child.

He's still just so very polite.  So sweet.  If he feels he has wronged you or made a mistake, he is quick with a "Sorry Mommy, sorry."  Always at the appropriate moment;  well sometimes an apology is not necessary, but I so appreciate his thinking he needs to apologize...what an amazing heart he has.

He's becoming more cuddly and I of course love that.  He wants to snuggle after he gets out of the tub as soon as I get the towel on him.  He burrows into my chest for some amazing hugs.

He loves putting on make-up with me.  He has his favorite brush that he holds and dips into my Chanel powder (I can't believe I let him play with my Chanel!).  He doesn't usually put it on his face, but like to swipe it across the lid a few times to get some powder particles on it.

At nighttime, after dinner has been eaten and dishes cleaned, we hang out in the living room for a bit...sometimes for 10-15 minutes sometimes just for 5 minutes.  It all depends on how quickly we got home, and whether we've skyped with my parents.  I'll head on upstairs to put the water in the tub and get everything ready for his bath.  I simply tell him "You can play with 'whatever he's playing with that night' for 2 more minutes, then come upstairs for your bath bath please".  "Ok Mommy."  Every. Single. Time. He's always upstairs before the water is finished filling the tub!  I cannot remember when he's refused to come upstairs.  How awesome is that?

I could go on and on about this fantastic child of mine.  And though our mornings have been a bit challenging lately...I can't even usually figure out what the tears are about...not enough oatmeal, the wrong spoon was laid out, there wasn't enough milk in the bowl, why can't I watch Thomas on a school day (I do not allow any television, computer/phone video, screen time during the week), or sometimes I'm absolutely in the dark.  But we've had tears every morning for almost 2 weeks.  I've stopped getting upset and simply walk away and get myself dressed and/or feed the cat.  He usually calms down and will eat once I suggest we simply leave breakfast and go ahead and get dressed for school.  The tears and crying ratchet up for a couple more minutes when that is threatened and usually calm and relent and breakfast is finished.  Who knows?

But otherwise he's so very funny, loving, happy, so easy to be around.  I simply love hanging out with him.  Going to the grocery store is fun....he sits in the cart happily, always has...insists upon riding in it...he dances to the music being played and hugs me as we toodle around the store.  Playing outside and watching him pedal with all his might brings me so much joy.  Watching him play with our little 7 year old neighbor whom he adores makes me laugh.  He will get out his little trike to 'go riding' but inevitably rides to her house, looks back at me shyly whilst walking up the steps to her house.  Though I tell him to knock first for some reason he thinks he can simply open the doors to other people's homes.  He's done that since before he was 2...so funny.  

And the trains.  The trains.  This boy loves, loves, loves himself some trains.  Any and all trains.  Thomas the Train, steam trains, trams, cabooses, freight trains.  Train tracks and train signals.  He could spend hours like this.  On the floor.  It's his mecca.
Oh and he loves anything and everything princess.  He got that Belle figurine from a birthday party last week for his little friend Sofia.   

Motherhood is better than I could have imagined.

Life is good.

God is great.


1 comment:

Laraf123 said...

I love the way the video incorporates two of his loves :)