Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, February 18, 2011

Worth the Wait

Tate called me 'Mommy' today for the first time!!  I was so in shock it didn't even register at first!!  We were video skyping with Christian, and Tate really didn't understand that there was a real someone there talking to us.  He kept bringing me books to read to him, and I was trying to juggle our conversation and entertain Tate at the same time.  Apparently, I wasn't doing a great job reading, and Tate started saying 'Mama, Mama, Mama' in an effort to get my attention.  My heart was full!!!


Later on, I had run to the bathroom, and as usual Tate wanted something from me.  He ran in, grabbed my hand and pulled all the while saying 'Mama.'  


Sweeter words were never spoken.  18 months and 26 days after his birth I heard the word I have waited my entire life for from my son.

No comments: