Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Ramblings

So, I already know this post will be all over the place :)


Tate has been soooo cute lately.  I've switched him to short sleeve pajamas as it's getting warm here already.  He is completely taken aback by the no sleeve thing.  Since we started 3 days ago, he seems out of sorts everytime he gets dressed for bed.  He'll put his arm through the sleeve and then looks completely bewildered when he sees his 'naked' arm.  He looks at me in horror and points to his arm as if to say 'Where are the rest of my clothes Mama?'  The sequence is repeated with the other arm.  Every. Single. Night.  Soooo cute.  I have to reassure him it's ok and he will be allright.


He has become quite clingy lately.  He even wants to be held here in the house.  When I'm in the kitchen, in the bathroom, getting dressed...he comes over with arms in the air saying 'up.'  And for whatever reason, playing with his toys holds no appeal for him.  He would spend all day in my lap with me reading to him.  And I'm super excited that he loves books so much, but (of course there is a but) I can barely clean up our breakfast dishes before he's in the kitchen with all his Maisy books.  He immediately starts whining if I don't plop down immediately and start reading.  At music class when we stand up and dance around he wants to be held.  Which causes me to be short of breath immediately, as Ms. Ana has us dancing around and jumping up and down, and I'm having to do it with a 23 pound child in my arms.  Apparently, I need to do warm up exercises for Toddler and Mommy music class.


He's added other words!!  When he wants me to read to him he'll say Mama and book while signing book.  He can also say Ava (his godfather's daughter's name), Lindsey, Vincent.  He says read and truck.  However, so far I have only heard the word 'no' once!!!  He will shake his head no (and it's so sweet), but thank goodness I don't get the whiny toddler NOOOOO.  Yet.


He loves music and will wiggle his little shoulders when he hears it.


His daycare teacher asked me if I sang the 'Itsy Bitsy Spider' with him.  Sadly, I had to say I hadn't sung it with him in a long time.  She told me to sing it with him to see what he did.  First off, it makes me so sad to know he has all these experiences with someone else that I miss and am not part of.   I'm sure there are a myriad of things he does that I'm not privy to simply because I spend 10 hours four days a week away from my beautiful child.  It breaks my heart.  On the one hand I'm thrilled he has these opportunities, on the other I'm jealous of those who are witness to his life when I'm not.  That has to be one of the worst parts of being a single mommy by choice.  I have no choice but to work.   I don't even have the opportunity to cut corners and stay home.  I know I didn't know how hard this part would be.


So, I sat down with him yesterday as soon as we got home (we went to the school for the Go Texan Day picnic, and I left him there to nap as he does it so much better there!).  He was amazingly cute.  He did the hand motions with me.  I LOVE IT!!!  I would have done it all day long if he would have let me.  :)


My mommy returned from NYC today after being there for 2 weeks.  My sweet Uncle Jimmy died Tuesday before last.  He held on until she arrived (he went from ok health to on his deathbed in 2 weeks).  We will be going to see her tomorrow.  We've missed her for sure, but it was so great talking to my dad every night on my way home from work.  I don't usually take the time to call to just talk to him, but I knew he would be lonely without my mom, so I called him every night.  Tate and I went over last Sunday to just hang out and stayed a couple of hours.  Watching my dad who can be a handful, laugh and play with my little boy brings me such joy.  Our relationship is so enriched because of sweet Baby Tate.  We've never been close, and we've had many an argument or disagreement, but he has been so very good to me.  And actually he has always been good to me.  I just don't think he knew how to express his love for me.  But watching him with Tate his love for the both of us shines.


So, I've been all over the place, haven't I?    The joys of motherhood.  My little guy is sleeping the sleep of the angels.  I think I'm going to close up and go join him!






2 comments:

Shannon said...

How do you get anything done with him wanting to be held? I know it's got to be just about impossible to turn that cute little man down when he holds his hands up to you!

Laraf123 said...

I am trying to hold my son more these days--he just turned two and either quiet and cuddly OR going a million miles a minute around the house with his toys. I know the time will come (much too soon) when he won't fit comfortably in my arms or lap, so I'm trying to make myself just stop what I'm doing and hold him.
I completely get the working mom blues. We have no choice, our sons depend on us but we miss SO much. Rest assured though, Tate knows who his mommy is. You are #1 in his life, every hour of every day.