Tate and I had a low key weekend this weekend!! Lots of hanging out on the floor playing...doing puzzles which he loves and his absolute favorite bringing me Maisy books to read. I love love love when he toddles over to me, book in hand and plops his sweet bottom into my lap for me to read to him. It's just absolute mommy perfection to me. We went to visit my dad on Saturday afternoon, and they had a great time together.
We video-skyped with Christian in Berlin on Friday. Tate did not seem to quite understand that there was an actual person 'in' the computer. Sunday morning we video-skyped with our friends Silke and her 22 month old, Annabelle who live in New York. To my utter amazement, Tate said 'Annabelle' the first time I asked him to. Clear as a bell, he said it!! I was floored!! We stayed with them in NYC last summer and had just a wonderful time. The kids were sooo cute together on the computer.
The weather here has been wonderful. We've been to the park everyday this weekend. Tate loves the slides and he's actually really good at climbing all the equipment. My heart lurches every time he climbs up, but I let him have his fun. I'm always amazed by his fearlessness, courage, strength and passion for everything he does.
So nothing earth shattering to share today. Or should I rethink that statement? The mere fact that Tate is here is mind blowing. He's a real, live little person. My real, live little person. Mind boggling. And he's so much fun. He is truly my happiness. As he hugged me tonight as I was dressing him for bed, as he does every single night now, I was overcome with how very much I love him. He has his funny quirks, a great laugh, the cutest tushy, the longest legs, the softest skin, the sweetest voice, the curliest of curls for hair, gives the most amazing hugs, offers the slobberiest of kisses and brings me to my knees with joy. All of my days are earth shattering with Tate in my life.

1 comment:
Yes, every day is special and beyond compare to the days before we were moms. (And boy, there were a lot of those days.) Enjoy this special time--you've earned it!
Post a Comment