Tate is finally taking his second nap today...it was a fight! One of the myriad of things noone really talks about while you're considering pregnancy and/or are pregnant...how many kids hate sleeping!! Gah! My child is the champion of wakefulness. I thought it was so cute and sweet when people continuously commented on how alert he was at 4 and 5 days old and on and on. We did those newborn photos that everyone does. You know...the ones where the newbies are sacked out and hanging from tree limbs all cute and all. Yeah, Tate was wide awake. Full belly, driven around in the car to bring on drowsiness...nothing worked. Wide awake for the entire shoot. Never a tear, never a fuss. He didn't even fall asleep on the drive home. We were invited to take a baby sign language class that should start at 6 months of age when he was 4 months old because he was so alert. Another clue. Did not bode well for me and sleep!!!
So, I have not slept in 1 year 1 week and 2 days more than 4 hours straight until last night!! Yippee!! 6 straight hours! And to be clear he doesn't wake to eat, he wakes to look around and make sure I'm there, which in turn requires me to wake up and say YES I'M HERE!! Where else am I going to be at 3:17 in the morning?
He has slept 12 hours straight about 9 times; however I've awoken horrified and scared to death he's not breathing from SIDS or his head is stuck between the crib slats, so again 4 hours of sleep.
But last night he did awesome. And I feel great today! Please remind me of these nights and days when he's 15 and doesn't want to rouse at 10am after going to bed at 9pm!

No comments:
Post a Comment