Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 22, 2010

More Milk Please!!

I'm soooo excited!!  Tate did his first signs today and really meant them.  I have tried to use sign language for him since he was about 5 months old, but it's always hit or miss with me.  I forget to do them alot, but have tried to better recently.  I concentrate on Mommy (of course!), more, milk, water and thank you.  Well, and of course we did hi and bye, but I didn't count those!  He does wave hi and bye (better at bye bye), and the little genius has always done the wave 'forward!'  So, today he was screaming and crying at me whilst pushing me towards the kitchen.  Once there he angrily did the signs for more and milk together!!!!!!!  I almost fell over!!  Yay!!!  Of course, he was a little put out I didn't put the milk in a bottle, but he grudgingly took his straw cup!  So yes, I am beyond excited!!

The past few days he has also been super cute about wanting me to read to him all the time.  He'll bring me a book and then turn around and sit in my lap.  I love it.  He sits there and will usually let me read the whole book and tonight as I finished reading him one of his favorite books at bedtime....'Central Park Serenade' (a lovely book from his wonderful friend Annabelle), he did the sign for more and turned it back to the beginning!!  So sweet.

We also play peek-a-boo in the house.  Yes, this requires (a) some ingenuity on my part as there are no places to hide myself really (b) us to run in the house!  Tate came up to me in the kitchen and started pushing my legs.  I thought he wanted me to pick him up;  this of course annoyed him greatly as he wanted back down.  Again he pushed me, and then I realized he wanted me to go 'hide.'  So off I went to hide my not so slim self behind the dining room table, in the bathroom, near the stairs (please don't not see me and take a header down the stairs!) and back in the kitchen.  He LOVES this and just laughs like no tomorrow.

Ok, so I just needed to rave about my little guy's achievements.  There are times when this choice mom deal is tricky.  I love having him all to myself, but there are times when you just want someone to share in the little cute moments right when they are happening!  Today was pure Tate cuteness!

2 comments:

Robynhood said...

YAY!! Way to go Tate! What a smart boy!! That is so exciting! :)

Laraf123 said...

Oh, I remember doing all this with Henry. It is so exciting! Every day is an adventure--enjoy!