Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Handy Manny I certainly am not

So, my dad loaned me his drill.  You would think that since I play with one everyday all day this would be an item I could easily figure out.  Yeah not in my world.  My list of things to childproof grows everyday, and I'm at a loss.  I spend every meal preparation chasing Tate out of the cabinets because I can't figure out to get those stupid latches on.  I now have 'holes' I started with the previously mentioned drill that I can't get screws into.  One gate is up thanks to our Uncle Bryan and Uncle Mike (ok Uncle Bryan...Uncle Mike held the instructions), but I have purchased 2 more which hold up the walls quite nicely whilst in their boxes.  My A/C vents are disgusting, yet I have not grown the necessary 5 inches to change the one in the stairwell, and it's a challenge to lug a 8 foot ladder up three flights of stairs when you have a toddler wanting to 'help' and a cat who is freaked out by large items.  Oh and did I mention that about 4 years ago I installed a dimmer switch and a fan adjuster (what is it really called?) in my room by myself.  Now there is a short somewhere and I have to turn off the power to the room and figure out how to fix it.  REALLY?  My room is a hothouse, so Tate and I roast every night until about midnight as it's about 88-90 degrees in there when we get home at night.

So, if you're still reading this and know how to work a hammer please come save us.  Cause I'm thinking it would just be easier to buy a new house.

1 comment:

Lindsey Cunningham said...

Why don't your grab a day laborer to do that? They stand on the corner by Cyclone Anayas