This is the year I turn 50. I will have walked, lived, breathed and existed on Mother Earth for 50 years in August.
What a blessing this life has been thus far. Such a blessing.
I want to continue living this blessed life with all its toils, troubles, irritations, low lows, frustrations, tears, heartache and loss.
Because on the flip side is joy, happiness beyond measure, goodness, laughter, hugs, kisses, contentment and most of all love.
But I know if I'm going to live another 50 years that I have to make some big changes. I HAVE to get healthy. I just have to. If I want to see Tate turn 50 I have to change my lifestyle. And I have to eliminate as much stress as I can.
My heart races 90% of the time, especially at work. I'm constantly stressed and worried and that's no way to spend 8 hours a day. I'm racing to get to work on time, racing to get home to spend time with the reason I'm working in the first place. And without this job I would never have this little boy in my life in the first place. So I'm grateful, yet so frustrated. I just never knew how family unfriendly this profession could be. And the job itself is so stressful. I find that I'm 10 times more tired in the evenings that I used to be. Part of that I'm sure is my age :), having a very busy 7 year old who requires a lot more of my time and attention than when he was 7 months old (who knew?) and all the activities he has. His needs are so much more complex now from making sure homework is done, helping him navigate friendships to discovering his strengths and weaknesses. It's absolutely overwhelming.
So I'm going to have to make effort to get myself organized, get myself healthy and make the changes I need to be happy in all aspects of my life.
Fit at Fifty: Mind, Body and Spirit.
I'm worth it.

2 comments:
You absolutely *are* worth it! And what a great lesson for Tate in self care. Good luck to you, and keep us posted!
Go Jenn!
Post a Comment