I can't remember a time I didn't want to be a mother. I waited to meet the man who would love me forever and be a father to my children. At 39, he hadn't arrived. I knew I was meant to be someone's mom, so my life plan changed. At 41, I got pregnant on my first try with home insemination! Nine months later, my beautiful boy, Tate arrived! We've been together now for over a year. I'm happy, exhausted and in love. I wouldn't have my life as a choice mom any other way!
Thursday, November 3, 2016
Halloween and Fall Shenanigans 2016!
We had a relatively uneventful fall this year. As the kiddos get older the fall festivals and such seem to become fewer and farther in between. Partly because they're aging out of them I think and partly because there's just no time! Our weekends are full of soccer, birthday parties, playdates and church! Yet, we managed to have some fun in the not so hot Texas sun; ok so it got down to all of 90 degrees. Tate's BFF moved to NYC this past summer, but they came back for a weekend of fun. We took the boys to Dewberry Farm for the afternoon, and they had an absolute blast. Mostly, they just enjoyed being together again!!!
Love how much they love each other
Saying good-bye
These two boys just adore one another, and they're so very much alike. We were so sad when S moved away. The boys Skype regularly, and thankfully we get up to NYC fairly often. A couple of weeks later, we had our buddy Hailey over for the day, and then we headed to her school festival for some fun!!!
First time on a public school bus!!
Hugs good-bye!
The ZooBoo was next with Hailey as well! This is one of my favorite events, though Tate finds animals 'boring.' :)
AntMan on a cheetah!!
On Halloween we ventured down to my parents' house as their neighborhood is always a lot of fun to trick or treat in! Tate even did a trick and came away with a full sized Hershey bar...he was thrilled!
He got to wear his costume to school!
AntMan's 'Signature' pose!
Even Vinnie got dressed up!
My dad's stash for the trick or treaters!
Ready to go get some candy loot!
Tate doing his Halloween trick for the full sized candy bar....
Papa scamming on Tate's candy as we separate the safe candy from the non-safe candy!
Leaving the peanuts for Grandmommy and Papa!
He was out within 10 minutes of getting in the car to go home! After 35 minutes of ToTing he announced he was done and had enough candy and was ready to go sort through everything. He was asleep at 8:10!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment