Tate was up way too early on Saturday morning after a rough night's sleep. He slept through, but tossed and turned all night. I've learned that when he does that that he'll be up early in the morning. Sure enough he asked for a hug at 5:11am. I acquiesced on the hug, but insisted he go back to sleep...something that is really hard for him. I have no idea if he truly fell back asleep, but I dozed until 6 when I handed him the trusty phone and slept until 645! We packed up, he ate breakfast, we checked out of the hotel and we were on the road at 8am.
| He's reading the junior novelization of 'Inside Out'. |
We arrived in Grapevine around 10am and began our lovely, albeit extremely warm visit to the North Pole on the North Pole Express!
We even got to meet Santa!!!
All Aboard! We were off to the North Pole! Tate wasn't as excited about this ride...he's not nearly as enamored of trains as he once was, but once Mrs. Claus boarded the train he brightened up considerably and had fun!!
We disembarked into a 70 degree snow storm at the North Pole!
There was a show complete with elves and Santa!!! Tate and the other kids had front row on the stage seats :).
We walked through Santa's village after he got his Frosty Chocolate Ice Milk!
We met a couple of my sorority sisters for lunch in downtown Grapevine. Tate even offered to take our photo for us!
We ran into the Grinch on our way to our car...
We made our way to another friend's house where we spent the night! Her daughter is 8, and she and Tate had a lot of fun together. They played games, played outside and hung out while Susan and I caught up....Susan and I were roommates my senior year in college as well as sorority sisters. Lots of Pi love this weekend.
Tate has been schooled in the ways of women already :) Susan and I decided to get both kids bathed and then give them dinner. Tate was done in a split second :). So I made his dinner and he waited for Sophia. He kept asking me and her dad why it was taking her so long to take a shower. When she came back downstairs this was their conversation:
Tate: What took you so long to in the shower?
Sophia: What do you mean?
Tate: I've been waiting a million minutes.
Sophia: Well, I had to pick out my pajamas, do my hair and put on my make-up.
Tate: I like your hair.
My friend Angela (our suitemate my senior year and another sorority sister!) hosts this spectacular, gorgeous, amazing Christmas party every year. So I had another chance to dress up and go hang out with some gorgeous, rich people for the evening. Normally I don't like going to things like this where I only know a handful of people, but I had a really nice time.
| Me, Susan, Angela |
Sunday Tate and I woke up to North Pole conditions along with rain and made our way back home!
As Tate slept last night I thought to myself...what a perfect weekend. I so love spending time with him, and he's an awesome travel companion. He's so much fun, and so very sweet. He just makes my life so much more everything. More beautiful. More peaceful. More fun. More joyful. Move loving. More happy. I couldn't ask for more.
|


No comments:
Post a Comment