Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 6, 2015

Advent 2015

We're continuing with our tradition of opening a wrapped book each night of Advent.  Though technically Advent started last Sunday, November 29, I opted to start on December 1.  (We were out of town!)  Tate absolutely loves this tradition.  It was a bit more challenging this year, as I wasn't as able to re-use as many books because he's simply outgrown them.  Plus he likes to read some of them, and I need more challenging books for him to read.  So far it's been a lot of fun, and he gets so very excited every single night.  We're also doing the Lego Advent Calendar which he opens every morning once he's ready for school as well as having the Elf on the Shelf this year (note to self...go move the thing tonight).  I'm only going to include the book part of Advent in these posts though because they're my favorite part. 

Day 1

Day 2

Day 3

He's loving this one!  He's never seen the movie!
We gotta get on that!
Day 4

Day 5

He spent the night at Grandmommy and Papa's,
so we took a book over there to open!  I got to go have a
wonderful night with my awesome friends for our
annual Tribal White Elephant Party!
Day 6
I love these new elf pjs!!

He read this entire book to me tonight!!!
Only 18 more days until we get to celebrate the birth of Christ!!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE those elf pajamas!! WE do the books too but I did not get a chance to wrap them this year.