Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 27, 2015

Our Christmas Shenanigans

One of the hardest things about my job for me is that my busiest time is when the kids are out of school.  As such, I have to work when the kids are out of school...guess who else is out of school?

My sweet boy.

So I have to find ways to keep him entertained during the holidays, so this year I sent him to a Winter Camp at his school which he absolutely loved!  He's also going to Camp for this week with a friend.

Since we don't get to hang out and do fun things together while he's on break I like to make sure to spend the time we do have together on the weekends between Thanksgiving and Christmas as fun and about us being together as I can.  Yes, it's my guilt about him having to go to camp and my great desire to share this special time with him.  I really hate that I'm swamped and exhausted on his days off.  But I do what I can and enjoy being with him when I can!!!

We had our Elf on the Shelf Leo, our book a night Advent opening and his Lego Advent calendar which he opened each morning.
Some outtakes of our Lego Advent Calendar...























The first Friday we headed off to the Zoo Lights!!













This boy loves his stroller.  I brought it along
so he could go to sleep if he wanted.  He opted to
ride in it the entire time.  We left right at his
bedtime, so he didn't fall asleep!  But he loved
the ride! 
He was out almost before we left
the parking lot!
The next day we had soccer and a birthday party!

Tate and his Soccer Shots Coaches...Rod has coached
him since he was three years old and at his old daycare!!!
Saturday night I had my annual White Elephant party, so Tate spent the night with my parents!!  We opened his Advent book early that day!



My awesome tribe!
 Sunday I picked Tate up early, and we went to church and Sunday School. I had signed up to volunteer that day!

 Sunday afternoon, we worked on his school family Christmas project which was to make a diorama of a Christmas tradition in your family.  We chose to showcase our annual trip to the Polar Express with Alonzo and Palmi!
 The next weekend was the Polar Express and the North Pole Express!!

Thursday was Tate's school program...my sweet boy was a shepherd!

 




So proud of him...


Friday he had a half day of school!!!  We started his vacation off with lunch at his favorite place!!!
Saturday was our Christmas Lights Party...it was a small affair this year, but Tate's BFF was there, so that's all that mattered!!  My BFF, his godmother and a couple of other friends came...it was a lovely evening!
Then it was the week of Christmas!!  We went to church, hung out with our family, made cookies for Santa and had an amazingly beautiful Christmas Day.
Playing with his new color changer cars and
playlets with Grandmommy!
His absolute favorite new toy from his godmother...Air Hockey!!!
Even Vinnie got dressed for the occasion!





No comments: