Shake It Up!
That was the theme for VBS this year at our church! I have decided that we need to become more connected at our church, so I wanted Tate to go to Vacation Bible School at our church this year. My only problem was that VBS is 9:30a-12:30p, certainly not conducive to the full time working single parent. I decided to ask a friend from church if she would be willing to allow me to drop Tate off at her home by 7:30am and take Tate with her and her two kids to VBS. Mind you, by friend I mean acquaintance. We've never really hung out and spent time together as friends. I can't even remember how we met, but we've known one another for a while, quite a while. But I wanted Tate to go, so I stepped out of my comfort zone and asked for help. To my delight she said yes! (I offered to pay her as well, though I'm pretty sure she would have done it anyway)
Sunday we went to an Alumni Event for my university for dinner and hung out with Lindsey and some of our SU friends. Tate is always a great little mascot.
 |
| Hanging out with fellow alum Ms. Tiffany! |
Monday was the first day of Shake It Up! VBS!
 |
| Dropping him off at Ms. Christi's house! |
 |
Playing with the kiddos at home before VBS ... Christi was so kind to send me these pics! |
 |
| On the way to VBS! |
A bigger plus to VBS at our church was that I got to go pick Tate up every day at 12:30!! Our church is at most 8 minutes from my office, so I would finish up for the morning and go get him!! Then I took him to his old daycare for the afternoon! One of his favorite old teachers took him back to our house when she got off work in the afternoons and stayed with him till I got home!! It worked out so very well!!!!
Another pic of the kids at VBS...
Friday we did some back to school shopping! Thankfully Tate's shirts and shorts from last year all still fit. He only needs two long sleeved shirts (which I'll get closer to cooler weather) and new pants. He's gotten taller, but not bigger, so our old shirts and shorts are just fine! It was tax-free weekend, so we took advantage of that. We got some new shoes as well! We met a nice family at the cool shoe place who just moved here and they have a son going into first grade as well. The mom was super nice, and Tate and the little boy had a blast playing together. Too late I decided to try to exchange phone numbers, and we had to get to Tate's haircut appointment. And it was hot. I need to get better at trying to connect...I think she would have been a nice mom friend. Oh well.
 |
| Shoe shopping in 2015...so.much.fun. |
Then it was time for our back-to-school haircut. Tate is so ridiculously ticklish that it's hard to get him trimmed properly. Sigh.
We came home and had Game/Movie Night. We made a bracelet with his rainbow loom, played Sorry, ate pizza and watched a movie (I have no idea which one anymore :) )
Saturday we went to the Kemah Boardwalk. Yes it was hot, but I lubed us up with sunscreen and we were off!! I want to make these last couple of weekends of summer as festive as I can! We had a great time together, even though the snocones at the end sucked! :)
 |
| View of the bay! |
 |
He so did not want to ride this ride we're on. He kept saying he was scared, with tears and running away. I knew he would love it...I don't understand where my daredevil went! He loves rollercoasters and he loved this ride at Disneyland. I got so angry and I know I shouldn't have. But I did. I finally told him that he had to ride it. That if he didn't Santa Claus would only bring him baby toys for Christmas (because yes he's already made his Christmas list for some reason). I told him he wouldn't be able to have the toys on the list because they were big boy toys. That finally got him on the ride, tears and all and begging me to hold onto him. We rode the ride twice! |
 |
And because I made him ride the other ride I rode this with him. I abhor these ferris wheels. He loves them. |
 |
| Lunch at Bubba Gump's! |
 |
| So excited his lunch came with an orange! |
 |
| On the way home! |
We hung out the rest of the evening...We were both covered in a layer of sun, sunscreen and ick. But it was an awesome way to spend the day together!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment