I can't remember a time I didn't want to be a mother. I waited to meet the man who would love me forever and be a father to my children. At 39, he hadn't arrived. I knew I was meant to be someone's mom, so my life plan changed. At 41, I got pregnant on my first try with home insemination! Nine months later, my beautiful boy, Tate arrived! We've been together now for over a year. I'm happy, exhausted and in love. I wouldn't have my life as a choice mom any other way!
Friday, August 7, 2015
Tate's 6th Birthday Party!!!
We celebrated Tate's 6th birthday at our local park again this year complete with the same train and conductor!!! Though the weather here has been unbearably hot this summer, I decided to brave the climate once again. And once again we were blessed with unbelievable weather. It was warm...don't get me wrong, but not nearly as warm as it could be and this park is super shaded...I don't think I felt one sweat drop :) even with all the preparations. As always my amazing family came through and helped me out...Goodness I love them! My mom and dad picked up the balloons for me as well as the ice, and Lindsey came over right after she ran and helped with the setting up as well. Then the festivities began! Tate had a blast as did all his friends who came. I got to hang out with my friends and chat and just enjoy the day. I had an absolutely wonderful time...I wasn't too stressed or running around doing last minute stuff. (I was a nutcase for the set up, but that's to be expected I think :) ) But people pitch in like crazy which is so awesome!! All in all I think the party went really well. Most importantly, Tate had an absolutely fabulous time! His BFF Leo was there, so all was right with his world. They rode the train, swung in the swings, ran around together, ate cake together...they were just together. And it was awesome. Those sweet sweet boys.
The maiden voyage on the birthday train!
I rode with one of my BFFs!!
Others joined in while the rest played on the playground....
Love this sister of mine!
Too quickly it was time for the ride on the train!
After I settled up with the conductor it was time for cake!!!! (which turned out fabulous if I do say so myself :) )
Lots of love that day in the park...
My awesome next door neighbor and her little guy!
I had fun coming up with fun and original ideas for the food for our Cars/Planes Birthday Party!
Lightning McQueen's Stoplights!
Dusty' Clouds
Luigi's Tires (my homemade mini zucchini chocolate chip muffins)
Sally's Cozy Cones
Flo's V8 Veggie Cafe
We said farewell to most of the partygoers and headed back home to have lunch (pizza), wine and present opening with our family and close family friends!
Vincent is amazing with kids who annoy him greatly!
These two were inseparable!
Time for presents! Tate's joy at every single one was so cute!
The Fab Four!
How I love them!
Tate with his awesome Grandmommy and Papa
H loves being in pictures :
Six years. Six years that I've mothered this little boy, this precious soul. I cannot believe it. These six years have absolutely flown by. I look at him here with me and I look at his baby pictures on the wall, and I can hardly believe that he's here and he's mine. Mine for now. For in 12 years, he'll be flying away if I do this most important job well. Six years. I waited 41 years for him to come into my life and it seems like a lifetime ago in some ways and just yesterday that I lived here in this house alone. He fills every corner of this house with laughter, joy, tears, frustration, fun, happiness, exultation, disbelief, anger, disdain, surprise, quirkiness and most of all love. I've never known love like I've known it the past six years. And not just for my son, but for my mother and my father. Goodness I have never loved them like I love them in this time in my life. I look at them and wonder how on earth did you do this 3 times? I look at them and all they still do for all three of us and think, I now understand the love you have for us. My dad struggles to express his feelings, yet I know, I know how much he loves me and he loves my son. He shows me each and every day with all that he does for us; that's how he shows us. My mom wears her heart on her sleeve...she tells me she loves me and she shows me. And she shows Tate. Mothering is tough work, but the rewards are tenfold. I never really knew that until now, six years into this mothering. It's not just about me and my son, it's about my family. And I adore them.
Happy Happy Birthday to my sweet son! I am so blessed to be his mother!
1 comment:
Happy birthday Tate! Congrats to you. Looks like a wonderful celebration.
Post a Comment