Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

The Birthday Night

Well it's the night before Tate's 6th birthday!  He was almost as excited about his birthday night as he was his actual birthday.  We always count down 'sleeps' when coming up to big events, so on Monday we had three sleeps before his birthday (according to my math :) ).  He said nope!  We have two sleeps left and then it's my birthday night.  He's likening the night before his birthday to Christmas Eve minus the Christmas Eve pajama present opening :).  I love this boy!

So it's the night before all my dreams came true.  The night before I got my life-long wish...to be a mother.  Tonight I'm so tired and so exhausted I can't come up with the words I need to express how grateful I am for this little boy in my life, how very much I love him.  So I just went back over the last 6 celebrations of his life to calm me and remind me that no matter what's on my to do list, what I'm worrying about or how I'm feeling he's all that matters.  His happiness, my happiness, our happiness together.  Our family.


July 23, 2009



July 23, 2010





July 23, 2011




July 23, 2012







July 23, 2013




July 23, 2014




Time to go join my sweet almost 6 year old for the birthday night!!!

2 comments:

Tiara said...

Happy Birthday, Tate!! I love the idea of Birthday Night!!

Selkie Mom said...

Happy Birthday!!!