We didn't really have any plans for Sunday except to just hang out, the three of us, and to be with our family. Once Christian was up, my aunt made us a very yummy breakfast. Christian and my uncle get along just great and just talked and talked and talked. I love watching how seamlessly Christian is enveloped into my family...he's so easy going and open with them...two qualities that I really love about him. Tate played with his toys then my cousin brought his son back over to play with Tate! The boys had an absolute blast. But first Tate had to do some of his homework, so I helped him with some, then I took him upstairs to my uncle's man cave and let Daddy Christian and Uncle M help him with the rest...then he was able to play with Jalen!
| Homework in the man cave! |
| Lunch with his new, most favorite cousin ever! :) |
| Meeting his 2nd cousin, twice removed. I think that's what she is. She's the daughter of my 1st cousin's son. I think they can get married! lol! |
| Playing with rocks! What fun! |
After a couple of hours Tate, Christian and I headed back to my aunt and uncle's for some dinner and some playtime for Tate and Jalen who came back with his big sister!
Then it was bath and bedtime for Tate. Christian gave him his bath and did story time with Tate...Christian was leaving the following morning :( so their time together was short.
Once Tate was down for the night, Christian and I were able to spend some time together, just the two of us.
It's been a long journey for us with lots of ups and downs. But now I think we have the tools we need to ride the downs better together and we're going to be looking at a lot more ups from here on out. We have something really special, we both know it. And our first responsibility is and needs to be Tate, making this wild, crazy, upside down, fun, loving 'family' we've created a safe and strong one for him.

No comments:
Post a Comment