Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 1, 2013

First Day of Advent

Today was the first day of Advent.  In keeping with our Advent tradition, Tate is opening a new book every night of Advent.  This year I've opened the books up to being non-Christmas books, so half are Christmas related, the other half not.  The other half are mostly train related, of course.  Oh and I have a few thrown in there from years past as I know he won't remember most of them.  In addition this year his German grandparents sent him a Lego Advent Calendar, so we also are opening one Lego each night as well.  They are simply so amazing, not because they give him presents, but because they so want to be a part of his life.  This gift was to let Tate know they're thinking of him always.  We don't skype often because the language is such a barrier, so unless Christian is there with them, it's just about impossible.  I love that they love my boy and me :).

On this first day of Advent I'm going to share this quick video on what Advent means.  I've been talking and talking to Tate about how Advent is a time of excitement, joy and hopefulness as we anticipate the birth of Christ.  Tate knows that we are getting ready to celebrate Jesus' birthday and he's just thrilled.  

And here we are celebrating the start of Advent in our home this evening...






No comments: