I worked until 2 on Wednesday. We were swamped.
My dad, as always, was there for me and met my plumber at my house on Wednesday morning so the plumber could install my new faucet. My dad arrived around 730 and entertained Tate, let the plumber in, took Tate shopping to pick up a couple of gifts for some people then took him on to his house! My daddy is just fabulous!!! And Tate adores his Papa! I drove down their way after work and met my mom at the mall with Tate! Every year I take Tate to see Santa Claus the day before Thanksgiving!!!
He asked Santa to bring him The Polar Express, the red Lego train, a bike and a bike for his mom :)
We then went on to my parents' house! After dinner, bath and books Tate was sound asleep before his head hit the pillow. My mom and I went to work on preparing some of the food for Thursday. Tate was up around 5:30 and scampered off to crawl into bed with my parents....bless their hearts. They let me sleep until about 730! (Have I mentioned how fantastic they are!!!???) It was a lovely day...perfect weather. Tate and I made a mid morning trek to the park on his beloved ICE train :)
![]() |
| Tate and Papa! |

Lindsey arrived a bit after noon and Kellie and her family (sans Preston who had to work :( ) arrived around 3. Dinner was yummy as always. And the kids had a ball together.
By 730 it was just me, my mom and dad and Lindsey as Tate was asleep and Kellie et.al. had left. We girls sat down and watched several episodes of 'The Cosby Show' and laughed until we cried.

Friday we hung out with my parents until I got called in for an emergency (ugh...I was on call for the weekend). I dragged Tate with me, and he happily played in my office the entire 30 minutes I was with my patient.
We made our way home and hung out. While he slept Friday night the Christmas tree miraculously made its way from the garage to its place in our living room playroom.
Vincent was thrilled.
As was Tate Saturday morning! And the decorating began!! Inside and out!
We ran errands, played games and just had fun being our little family of two. We ate out at the french fry place and grocery shopped.
Sunday rolled around and more decorating was needed..including his room!
![]() |
| Tree in the stairwell of the 1st and 2nd floors! |
| Thrilled to have decorations in his room! |
It was a most blessed Thanksgiving!

























4 comments:
Sounds perfect! (minus the dental emergency.)
I love that you put decorations in Tate's room too!!
I love the pictures of Santa and Tate - especially the last one. So cute!
I think it's fun that he's decorating outside in just his shirtsleeves. Ahh, the life!
Post a Comment