Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, July 8, 2013

Summer Fun - Part II of Weekend Five

Wednesday morning found us at soccer camp!!  Tate was thrilled that I was going to take him AND stay to watch!  He was so very cute!!!!!  We arrived about 15 minutes early so Tate got to warm up!


Once all the kids were there, the group met to go over the word of the day and to discuss the games that were going to be played and to get the kids EXCITED!!!  The kids were supposed to dress up as what they wanted to be when they grew up.  Tate decided he wanted to be the Polar Express (no surprise there!)  Therefore he wore his 'train shirt' that has what looks like the Polar Express on it!

It was quite disconcerting to me to see all the parents hovering over there by their kids during the morning huddle.  I was really surprised that they had to helicopter like that.   This seems to be a sign of times to come I suppose.  I just shook my head and stayed in my seat.


Pretending to be a dinosaur for the first game!
Pirate Game!!!



GGGOOOOAAAALLL! 




This mother spent the entire hour ON THE FIELD
following her kid around.  Sigh.  
She's so intrusive, I felt like the other kids, mine included
didn't get to fully enjoy being kids without adults
in their way! 




Yep he's about to kick with the same foot with the
second degree burn!!
Then the hour was up!  Tate had a blast!  Got him a snack and we loaded up our stuff.  Funnily enough, one of the boys in the older group is one of my patients! :)  Got to talk to his mom while we watched the boys play.

We made our way to Target and did some major damage :).  Tate was awesome as always...I've been so blessed with a child who doesn't mind sitting (actually loves) in the carts.    I know I'm really lucky.  On the way home we got some gas, and he's now decided he has to help by climbing out and putting the 'coal' in for the steam.  He has to open the gas tank and stand there making train steam noises :).  We came home and had some lunch then headed off to see the pediatrician for a check of his burn.  He was thrilled to see her!  He weighed in at 36.4 pounds and Dr. R was amazed by how well he was tolerating a shoe, playing soccer and all around handling what should be extremely painful.  She told me to continue with the silvadene and keep it covered as much as possible.  She said he could swim the following day if we could keep the bandage covered and as dry as possible.  Bathing should be done with a baggie over his foot.  We left with our instructions ready for the long weekend!
He got TWO Thomas stickers from Dr. R!!!
We came home and simply hung out!  We had a lovely afternoon and evening together and got him dressed and ready for the 4th of July morning to come!
Always with those eyes!!




No comments: