Thursday morning found us on the soccer field again. I was very surprised they were having camp this day, but really really glad!! Another hot, sticky, humid, fun-filled Houston morning watching my sweet boy have a good time! The theme today was to wear your favorite sports' team jersey. Tate has absolutely zero interest in any sports team, but I love the Texans, so I outfitted us both in Texans' t-shirts!
| Practicing the pull-back!! |
| Deep in thought! |
We made a quick pit stop to pick up a few groceries then headed home to get ready for Samantha's 7th pool birthday party! Yes! THAT Samantha!!! Tate's crush! He's still crushing on her big time. Stephanie and Dave have a beautiful home and a gorgeous pool and a fantastic time was had by all!! The kids played in the pool like crazy; even Tate! He was adamant the entire drive over complete with tears that he did not want to get in the pool because of his foot. The minute we stepped foot into the backyard he could not get changed fast enough.
He kept his eyes on Samantha almost all the time! It was so cute to watch. After cake and ice cream...
| Tate and Ila (Samantha's 4 year old sister!) |
| Serious about their blue bell! |
While the kids played, I got to enjoy a couple of margaritas, hanging out with a couple of sweet girlfriends and making the acquaintance of a few other women. It was a lovely afternoon. Tate and I came back home around 3:30 and just spent the rest of the day hanging out together. No big fireworks planned for us. I don't feel like fighting crowds, noone around here does sparklers, and I've just not ever been a big 4th of July celebrator. I feel like I should try to do more for Tate's benefit; he had no idea it was a special day or that the day had special meaning. Next year maybe I'll find a parade for us to go to.
After dinner though I got him a bath and put him in some celebratory pajamas!
He was sound asleep by 7:45. By 9:15 the fireworks here were in full force. I made my way upstairs around 10, grateful for this country I live in, my freedom and all the possibilities afforded me in my life thanks to those who fought for our independence.
God Bless The U. S. A.






1 comment:
I think you celebrated wonderfully! (Henry just saw fireworks for the first time and he's six.) Love the pj's!
Post a Comment