Monday Tate started his Soccer Shots camp. It was a weeklong camp 8:30-9:30am every day. My parents took him Monday and Tuesday, and as I was off the rest of the week I took him the last three days. He actually participates in their year-round program at his school. Every season for 8 week sessions Soccer Shots comes to his school once a week for a 30-45 minute 'class.' Tate started last fall, and thus far seems to be really enjoying it. I so love that his school offers this extra-curricular activities; it's a great opportunity for children of working parents. Weekends are so hectic and busy with errands, trying to spend time together as a family and the such that it's nice our kids can do these things during the week, like kids of SAHP can. I certainly realize that in a year or so it won't be possible, and I'm sure I'll have to have Tate choose what activity, if any, he'd like to participate in on the weekends. I think structured sports activities are great and important in building social skills, team skills, competitiveness and great exercise, so I'm looking forward to when we move up to the next level.
Monday morning, my parents took him to camp and then took him home with them as he wasn't even 24 hours post second degree burn! You would never have known it from the way he put his shoes on and went about his business!! I took him to work with me, my parents picked him up as the park was just 10 minutes from my office and then went back to their house for the day. He was able to keep his shoes off there and let the area air out a bit. They then returned him to my office at 4:45. Have I mentioned before how very awesome my parents are???
| That's Tate in his blue 'train' shirt! |
| Huddling with Coach Amber |
| Water break with Grandmommy! |
![]() |
| Tate and his 6 year old cousin, Scotty! |
Kellie brought Tate back to my office at lunchtime and I ran him over to Gymnastics Camp! My dear friend Kelly's daughter started camp this week, so she was there when we got there. Tate sauntered on over to the group with nary a glance back at me. As I walked out, I tapped Kelly's daughter, S (she turned 5 in April), on the back to say hi. She looked up and looked over to where Tate had just sat down. The sweet girl shyly got up and walked over to sit next to Tate. It was precious to see the two of them reconnect.
Tuesday night I realized what an amazing village Tate and I have. Without all of these amazing people in our lives, we would be lost and unable to live the life we do. I'm so very blessed to be surrounded by so much love, support, kindness, patience and goodness. We are eternally grateful.









No comments:
Post a Comment