Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 11, 2012

I Don't Like It

I heard Tate crying last night in his crib.  I usually give him 5 minutes or so to settle back down and go right back to sleep.  I haven't had to get up to get him in I don't know how long.  This was a bit harder to ignore as I was sleeping in the room with him, but I just put the pillow over my head (such a good mama I am!)

Two minutes later I feel a warm little body next to mine, snoozing away.  

He was on the side of the bed which didn't have the bedrail up.  I kept meaning to move him to my other side or put the rail up, but I was just so tired.  And in shock.  

He didn't fall off.  Tonight as I was putting him to bed I asked him if he knew where his 'spot' was on my bed.  He immediately pointed to his 'spot' where I put him in the mornings next to the bedrail and pregnancy pillow.  So I told him he was right and that if he got into bed with me in the middle of the night that that was fine, but he needed to get into his 'spot.'

"Ok, Mommy."


To add to my absolute confusion as to where to move him when and into what, this morning as I was trying to doze he got up, went into the bathroom, pulled off his pajama bottoms and diaper and peed in the toilet, standing up, all on his own...no prompting from me.

Blearily I walked to the toilet to tell him how very proud of him I was.

My baby is growing up.

I don't like it.

1 comment:

Laraf123 said...

The milestones start to accelerate at 3, I think. Liam is both growing up and growing closer to me. I'm sure that's the case with Tate as well. Be prepared for an amazing year!