Tate had his usual breakfast of champions...plain oatmeal, plain yogurt and cheerios!

A leisurely breakfast and opening his first gift from Mommy...
We then made our morning trek to daycare and work. Sweet Tate was not too thrilled to have to spend his morning at daycare, but he had a great morning!!
So, I took the afternoon off. I could not fathom not spending the day of my son's birth with him. It broke my heart to have to work in the morning. And I know many, many people don't like to make a big deal about birthdays, their own or other people's. I do not get that. Every single person's birth should be celebrated in my opinion. For without a BIRTH DAY none of us would be here. The day we were brought into this world is the most important day in our own individual lives. So I make a huge deal out of it, for myself and most especially for my son.
My mom had an appointment in town, so she came to my office when she was finished and once I was done we headed out to pick up Tate's cake for his celebration at daycare. Of course I had a few balloons on order as well.

We headed over to his school arriving right after naptime! The kids had a great, great time. I so love watching Tate interact with his friends and his teachers in this place he spends 10 hours a day, four days a week. Having so much fun during the celebration...
Then it was time to say so long to his friends. Watching these little children, these babies to me, love on my sweet boy and tell him how much they love him just made my heart swell. His school may not be the fanciest or the swankiest or any of the -est, but his teachers love him and treat him beautifully and he's learned more in the 2 years he's been there than I could ever have imagined.
Most of all, these little ones are full of love certainly a testament to the love they receive on a daily basis....
In the last two pictures he's with his teachers, Mrs. L in the top one (his lead teacher) and Ms. I in second one :)
And when we arrived at our house...
I think Tate was a bit overwhelmed by the truck. He was excited, but it was a bit more work than I think he anticipated as he tries to figure out how to push the gas and control the steering wheel :)
So we went inside and opened a few more gifts...
Aunt Shelley came by with gifts for her godson, and she joined us for dinner. We called Christian on Skype, so he was able to 'participate' in the gift opening! Aunt Kellie, Scotty and William joined us as well.

Then it was dinnertime!! We were off to Chuy's! Fantastic Tex-Mex!
Bathtime would not be complete without the insert from his gift from Aunt Dottie and Aunt Rita...the Thomas Misty Island Take 'n Play...
So we went inside and opened a few more gifts...
Aunt Shelley came by with gifts for her godson, and she joined us for dinner. We called Christian on Skype, so he was able to 'participate' in the gift opening! Aunt Kellie, Scotty and William joined us as well.
Then he slept the sleep of the angels...tuckered out, well celebrated, full of cake and hopefully some amazing memories....with the insert :)
Happy Birthday Sunshine!!!








1 comment:
I love that cake! It looks absolutely perfect for Tate!
I can relate to what you wrote about his daycare. Although my son attends preschool separate from his home daycare, I feel the same way. His preschool at our church is filled with loving adults who are AMAZING. I am thrilled to have these people in my son's life. It's not terribly fancy (this year will be our first with an outdoor playground!). But as a working mom, knowing that my son is surrounded by adults who care about him almost as much as I do makes it much easier to go to work each day.
I'm so glad that you and Tate have this particular daycare. It sounds like it has really enhanced your lives. And look at the smile on his happy (three year old!) face!
Post a Comment