Tate and I had a gorgeous, festive, fun filled, spiritual, love-filled, Christ-loving Easter.
As mentioned previously we saw the Easter Bunny on Friday morning...
He also got to hold a real Easter bunny at daycare on Tuesday...
![]() |
| Me and my sweet boy! |
| The kids were DYING to get in the pool! |
| The little bits of the tribe! |
| Tate's new BFF...Ollie! |
| Hanging with the big kids! |
| Look Ma!! |
| A-hunting they shall go! |
| Tate tries to crack a cascarone on my head! |
| Mommy helps! |
| Just a boy and 'his' dog. |
We headed off to my parents' after the egg hunt was done. Tate took a nice hour long nap on the way there; I stopped off at home to get a few things, so he was able to snooze in the car at our house to give him the longish nap. Aunt Lindsey joined us at my parents' and it was a nice afternoon and night with the family. Tate was exhausted and was in the crib by 7:40 and asleep by 8. My plan was to get up at our normal time in the morning 5:45/6...you know HIS normal. I wanted to leave my parent's by 7:30 to get to church for the Rite II service at church at 8:45. I figured we would get there by 8 or so, and hopefully we could get a seat. This service is PACKED, and I mean packed on Easter Sunday...all the 2 time a year Christians (doesn't make me sound like such a Christian does it?). And of course there are people who have family in town, so grandparents, cousins etc all come with. Anyway, I love, love, love this Easter service. It's beautiful, moving and just filled with so much happiness and joy and excitement. We've been going to the Children's Service which while great for Tate leaves me missing my formal service. I love the kneeling and quiet and reflection in the Rite II service. In any event, with all the undercurrent of excitement and pomp and circumstance I figured Tate would do ok.
The best laid plans....
| WooHoo!! A balance bike!!! |
![]() |
| Yes, the bunny gave him a couple of pieces of candy |
I didn't set my alarm, because, umm I haven't needed one in 2 years, 8 months and 2 weeks.
I opened my eyes to light. Yes, light.
I was confused and disoriented. Did someone have their headlights directed at my parents' house?
NO!!! It was 6:51AM!!!!!!!
Tate was still sound asleep!!
I was flabbergasted. On the one day, the one day I wanted him to wake up at his regular time...he opts to sleep in.
He stumbled sleepily into the living room to see his Easter basket...
Needless to say we did not make it to the 8:45 Rite II service. We made it in plenty of time for the 9am Children's Awesome Worship Service, and Tate and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. After these 2 services there is an Easter Egg Hunt on the lawn of the private school attached to our church. We headed over there for yet another hunt for Tate. The kids have to wait a bit after the Awesome service for the Rite II service to finish, so those 15-20 minutes are filled with "Come back here Tate!" "No, Hannah, not yet" and "Put that egg down, Grace!"
But it was a gorgeous morning and every child got their baskets filled...
We then all loaded up in our respective cars and headed over to my sister Kellie's place. She and her family have their new baby, so were not up to coming to my parents' place. My sister's birthday is also on Tuesday, so we were celebrating that today as well.
| Checking out their loot! |
My dear sweet little boy and I just had an amazingly blessed weekend. Certainly there were a couple of meltdowns, a few too many 'nos' from a certain 2 year old and I fathom a guess he would say there were a few too many 'nos' from a certain 44 year old :) But we are together. And right now I can hear his little voice as we drove into my parents' driveway..."We're at Grandmommy and Papa's house!!"
Me..."Yes, we are!"
Tate..."You coming with me?"
Me..."Yes, baby I'm coming with you"
I'll be with you today, tomorrow and for always.
Easter...a time of renewal. A time of love.
Alleluia! Christ is Risen!




1 comment:
You did all this in one weekend? I can't believe it! It sounds absolutely wonderful--I don't even know which part to comment on first! (But seriously, wouldn't you know--the best laid plans and all--that Tate would sleep in on Sunday?!)
You have an incredible tribe and family--I must admit that I'm a bit envious. (That doesn't sound Christian of me, does it?) Which reminds me--our church also overflows on Easter. If anyone else came on Sunday, they'd be sitting on the sidewalk. Our pastor says it's a good problem to have--but I know what you mean in your post.
I don't know how you'll top this weekend but I'm wishing you a wonderful, warm Spring!
Post a Comment