Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, April 29, 2011

I Am His Mother

As I lay in bed tonight with Tate going to sleep in my arms, sweet eyes closed, lashes feathered out on his cheeks, little lips suckling his pacifier, his legs pulled up under him as if he were a newborn, breathing that sweet baby breath, I was in awe.  This is my baby.  This is the life I created.  He is of me, from me, for me.  I am his mother.  There are moments when I need reminding that I have done something spectacular.  There are days when I'm so overwhelmed I need some silence to catch my breath.  There are times when I'm so scared I need God's peace to reassure me that He is with me.  After all, He's given me this amazing gift.  He's not going to leave me alone anytime soon.  This is my baby.  This is the life I created.  He is of me, from me, but most of all for me.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have definitely created someone spectacular! Tate is an amazing little boy. This post is so sweet--thank you for sharing.