I am such a mommy. Just ask my little boy. As of today, December 5, 2010 he has seen 3 Santas!! :) In 3 different Christmas outfits. And we have more Christmas pajamas than there are days in December (well that's an exaggeration, but he's so cute in all of them)
I'm really blessed to have such a laid back baby. He has been amazing and not shed one tear. Now, I'm not getting huge smiles out of him, but he's obviously taking it all in, trying to figure it out. I love watching him absorb all that is around him. So, here is Tate with all his Santa friends...
However, amongst all the Santa Clauses, Christmas trees, Frostys and presents the most important person I want Tate to really 'get' is Jesus Christ. Today is the second Sunday of Advent, and we ventured to church for the first time in a while. I was really good about taking him when he was an infant and would sleep through the service. Once he hit the walking/talking/trying to transition to one nap stage church was quite the challenge. (I'm so blessed that at his church daycare he goes to chapel every Wednesday!) We went to the Awesome Service today at our church, St. John the Divine, which is all about the kiddos!! There was lots of singing, dancing in the aisles and praising. He did really well. I am so excited to share this most important part of my life with my son. I cannot wait for him to join the youth group or the children's choir or the acolytes...all of the beauty that is the celebration of our Lord and Saviour. I remember growing up how much I loved my youth group and how amazingly close to God I always felt, and I so want that for my Tate. This is the best Christmas present I can give to my son.


1 comment:
I get this. I finally found a wonderful church to share with my sons. H started Sunday school a few months ago and talks about it all the time. I thought I was going to melt when he began singing "Jesus Loves Me" one afternoon in our living room. Hope you two continue to enjoy this beautiful season!
Post a Comment