Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas 2010

Tate's second Christmas!!   We've been going to the Awesome Worship Service at our church, St. John the Divine, and he does so well.  It's a total kid geared service with great music and Tate can make as much noise as he wants!  I really wanted him to experience the season of Advent.  It wasn't quite the traditional service that I love, but it was special.

We put the Christmas tree up the Friday after Thanksgiving (well Christian and I did), and for a couple of weeks Tate didn't even seem to notice it.  Then, he noticed the lights twinkling away one night when we got home from work/daycare.  The next morning as soon as we came downstairs he ran over to the tree, looked up at it and pointed and said 'Yights!' He then sat down and waited for me to turn them on.  To watch his beautiful face light up (no pun intended!) as he watched the tree glow just melted my heart.  He would sit down each time as he patiently waited for me and it was just precious.  His absolute belief that the tree would light up each and every time just takes my breath away.  Each time I sit down with him and look up at the tree as well and think about my amazement that this little boy is my son.  I look over at him, and I'm so proud of him and of myself.  It's been such a glorious 17 months, no actually Tate and I have been together since October 24, 2008, so 26 months of life together.  I am so very blessed.

2 comments:

Laraf123 said...

This was a beautiful post. I feel the same way when I look at my boys (although they never sit still long enough for me to finish a thought). I am amazed that they are here to share this holiday with me after spending so many alone. Enjoy the rest of the season with your little wonder!

Anonymous said...

Wow it is so amazing how much you are into your son. I have family that act like their children are annoyances instead of blessings!!