Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, February 6, 2017

Advent Books 2016

Tate wanted to continue our Advent tradition of opening a book every night of Advent.  I had asked him if he wanted to as with him getting older, I thought maybe he'd be over it.  Thankfully he is not!  He apparently loves the tradition.  It is getting harder as he reads on such a higher level now, so I was worried the little kid books wouldn't hold the appeal and more appropriate leveled books are just too long to read at night.  Certainly we can't do chapter books because we wouldn't finish it every night.  So I stuck to mostly books on a lower level for him, but he still loved them all!!!  As always about 1/3 of the books were repeats of years past :).























I hope he never loses this joy and anticipation of the celebration of Christmas!

1 comment:

Abby said...

Does he have a new pair of PJs for each night???