Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, June 24, 2016

Grand Canyon - Day 5!!!


Tuesday morning we loaded up the truck to move to Phoenix by way of Sedona!  :)

Well first up was some breakfast on Route 66!!!  Daddy and Scotty went for the 'free' buffet breakfast (was included in our train package) but me, Lindsey, Tate and Mommy headed for a traditional breakfast cafe on Route 66!!!  The pancakes were scrumptious! The tables were worn!  The waitresses were overworked and cranky, but so very nice!  It was by far the best meal we'd had in 3 days!!!






I knew Tate wouldn't be able to eat anything, so he ate in the
room  upon waking as usual and had some hot cocoa and a
ring pop! for our breakfast out!  Happy boy!



We climbed into our suburban and started our journey to Sedona!  A few squabbles and hurt feelings (as always happens when 6 people have been together for an extended period of time in close quarters I suppose!) we arrived.  And goodness it was a good 10-15 degrees warmer in Sedona!  We intended to walk around and have some lunch and shop.  The views were gorgeous, but it was soooo hot!








We got a few trinkets, the boys met some snakes (so very random...instead of singing on the street for money, people brought out their snakes for your entertainment!) and we had some yummy lunch.  We went to a place called Oaxaca. I was very leery of it but they were so awesome!  The waiter checked with the chef for me when I went in to ask about their handling of food allergies with nary a second glance and with a smile!  Then once lunch was finished he came out with sorbet for the boys and when I said I wasn't sure, he told me he checked the ingredients to make sure it was safe!  How awesome was that?!?!  Of course the boys didn't want dessert...seriously you're killing me kids!  But I was eternally grateful!
Always on the move! 
Practicing his baseball moves! 
Such a happy boy!


We stickily walked back to the car and got in for the drive to Phoenix!!  It was quite the day of driving for my poor dad.  We arrived in Phoenix and dropped Lindsey off to hang out with a friend until we returned home!  Finally made it to our hotel and let my poor dad out of the car to enjoy some down time!  My mom, Scotty, Tate and I headed off to dinner---I drove the huge bus!!  Ack!!!

We went to a wonderful restaurant called Rusconi's American Kitchen.  I had called the week prior to check on allergen safety and to make a reservation.  This was hands down our best experience dining while on this trip, probably of all time.  The food was divine.  Our server, Taylor, was awesomely fantastic!  He walked up to our table, introduced himself and immediately said he knew we had a member of our party with food allergies and could he go over them with us so he could go speak to the chef.    He verified that we had previously discussed that Tate could have the mac and cheese, but wanted to see if there was anything Tate could have.  My mom ordered a salad and he returned to tell us that it was served with almonds, and that they would leave them off her salad so as to not contaminate the table!!  I was so impressed with the food, the service, the ambience...everything!  This place made my trip perfect!!!  



With our bellies happily full we made our way back to our hotel.  Tate and I had our room to ourselves :).  What a lovely night's rest!!!  


No comments: