Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, June 20, 2016

Grand Canyon - Day 2!

Saturday morning Tate was definitely on the mend!  I still wouldn't let him have any milk products which had him quite sad, but the promise of milk with lunch if he was ok saved the day!

We ate breakfast in our room and enjoyed the views of Sedona right outside our door, then we headed off on our bus tour!!!

First stop was the Chapel of the Holy Cross.  Breathtakingly beautiful!


















 Tate was enamored of the cactus!










I love this picture of Tate at the Airport Mesa!
The tour lasted about 2 1/2 hours then we were dropped at our hotel where we loaded up the car and headed off for some lunch at a place called Picazzo's.  I'd gotten a recommendation from mom on one of my allergy Facebook groups...they were great and Tate loved his pizza!  All the food was absolutely delish!

Then we loaded back up in the car and headed off to Williams!  We took an amazing scenic route!  Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!

We arrived in Williams and checked into the Grand Canyon Railway Hotel!  This place was gorgeous and our room divine!

 


We got settled in (me, Lindsey and Tate in one room, my parents and nephew in the other) then headed off to dinner at the Grand Depot Cafe.  The chef there was amazing!  The buffet was part of our package, but I never let Tate eat from a buffet...too much chance for cross contamination.  The chef offered to make him a chicken breast, but remembered that all the chicken came prepackaged and there was no way to know the ingredients.  He then offered to go buy some bread and cheese from across the street (I have no idea where this across the street was!) and he made Tate a grilled cheese sandwich and broccoli!  The waitress then brought my sweet boy some Lucy's cookies which are free of the top 8 allergens!  Two packages!!  So blessed!

Tate and I headed back to the room, and I got him to sleep while Lindsey and my dad had drinks in the bar!  I was able to blissfully join Tate by 9:30!!

Next up...The Train Ride to the Grand Canyon!!!

No comments: