Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Walt Disney World! - Day Two! Blizzard Beach and Epcot!


Tate actually slept until 645 on Monday morning! WooHoo!  We had a wonderful breakfast (free!) in the club lounge on the second floor of our Hawaii building which had a gorgeous view of the Magic Kingdom and Cinderella's castle!  I had brought Cheerios with me for Tate as I'd been told by various people that Disney does not keep Cheerios in stock (this had been true for the cruise as well!).  Downstairs we went Cheerios in hand.  Of course there was a television playing Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, so convincing Tate to eat in a timely fashion was a bit of a struggle, but who cares at the happiest place on earth!

We went back upstairs and got ready for our morning at one of WDW's water parks...Blizzard Beach.  We had plans to meet my cousin's family at 9am.  Tate and I boarded the Disney bus excited for a morning in the sun with our family!  We found the Tike's Peak portion of Blizzard Beach where Tate had an absolute ball!  I love the premise of Blizzard Beach, that it's a ski resort that has 'warmed up.'  From Tike's Peak to Mount Gushmore to a pool complete with icebergs it was awesome.  Gail and family arrived just after 10 and the fun continued.  By 11am we were all starving, so we ate lunch at Lottawatta Lodge!  Yum Yum!  Then it was time to dry off and head back to the hotel for a quick change and make our way to Epcot!






Such a happy boy! 






He had to have these planes in
as many pictures as possible! 
Lunch!
Tate and I bussed our way to our resort, did a quick change and caught the monorail for our first ride to Epcot.  We had quite (well it seemed like quite) a walk to the Transportation Center to catch the monorail because though we could have caught the one right at our resort we were advised that could take quite some time.  So, we trekked, ok I trekked while Tate rode in the stroller, in the heat to the T&TC (Transportation and Transfer Center).  Man was I sweating!  But we got to ride on the monorail!!  He was so excited!!!!
On the monorail!!!

Then we were there!!  Epcot!  That huge golf ball, ok it's called Spaceship Earth, stood before us! Tate was ensconced in his stroller and we made our way to meet my dad and my nephew in front of what was to be our first ride at DisneyWorld...Soarin'!  It was so very much fun!  I absolutely loved it!!  Tate had an absolute blast, though he was worried at first with all the buckling in he had to do.  The scenery was breathtaking, and when they piped in the smell of the evergreens I was in heaven.  Just fantastic!  What an awesome way to start our DisneyWorld ride adventure!

We met up with my dad and Scotty for a bit before they headed back to Animal Kingdom.  It was great to hang out with my dad and see him smile.  Gail, Marcus and the kids joined us for a quick family 'reunion.'




My dad and Scotty left and the 6 of us headed over to The Seas with Nemo...a cute little ride.


 We then made our way to Turtle Talk with Crush.  The kids were shuffled down in front while the adults were seated on bleacher style seats behind the kiddos.  Crush came out and talked to all of us with 'Dude' interspersed every other word.  It was a super cute show!!  It was interactive and Crush actually took questions from his audience.  The kids would get all excited and raise their hands crying 'Pick Me!'  Most of the kids getting picked were older, and then Crush said 'Hey, that little dude over there...in the Mickey ears and the white shirt...what's your name?'  The cast member took the microphone over and I heard "Tate!"

It was my sweet boy!

Crush:  "Awesome dude!  What's your question, Tate?"

Tate (obviously on the spot now):  "Ummmm are Dori and Marlin alive?"

Crush (obviously taken aback):  "Sure mini dude! Of course!  All is good!  Noone ate them."

A little more dialogue occurred but I can't remember it, but then Crush said: " Look here's Dori right now Mini Dude!"

And Dori appeared!

We enjoyed the rest of the show then got the kids to head back out.   I was so proud of my Tate!  He was just so cute and funny and had no fear about being picked!  He's such an awesome kid!  I just love his personality!  He shows all his excitement and love all the time...he's uninhibited with his emotions and it's a beautiful thing to see how he's so self-confident and outgoing.  I just love this about him!

Then we ventured out to walk around Epcot as we had reservations for dinner at the Akershus Royal Banquet Hall for 6:15.  It was time for Tate to take a nap!  I lowered his stroller and gave him strict instructions to go to sleep.  After about 20 minutes he did.

We walked around the lovely grounds of Epcot with the foreboding clouds above us.  You could smell the rain in the air...the dampness, the cool humid breezes ruffled the stroller cover and it just smelled wet.




Then the heavens opened up on us.

We made our way to the Banquet Hall to seek cover though we were 25 minutes early.  They graciously offered to seat us early.  I was thrilled.  Tate was not so thrilled to be awakened only 45 minutes into his nap, but he rose to the occasion!

We walked in and met Belle!



 I'm amazed by how these women look so much like the actual princesses from the movies.  She was so sweet with the kiddos and took her time to talk to each one.  We then sat down for dinner and the kids got to meet Aurora (aka Sleeping Beauty), Ariel, Snow White and Cinderella.  There was a little parade through the dining room which the kids participated in and it was just lovely.







After our meal, our waitress had a surprise for the kids...birthday celebration cakes/cookies!!  They were so excited!!

Happy Early Birthday!
Me and my sweet boy!
After dinner we (Tate and me) made our way to the bus, and Gail, Marcus, Kayla and Korey got to their rental car, and we all went back to our resorts.  I got Tate bathed and into bed around 9pm.

It was an absolutely lovely day.  Even with the horrendous rainstorm complete with thunder and lightning and drenching, it was lovely.  As I was cleaning up and preparing for the next day I was able to hear the Wishes Nighttime Spectacular at the Magic Kingdom.  I love the sound of fireworks as it reminds me of simple joy and beauty.  I loved hearing them every night.

Another magical day was complete.

Our Family!



No comments: