Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 25, 2014

My Little Graduate


Tate Christopher graduated from Pre-Kindergarten on Wednesday, May 21, 2014 at 6pm in the evening.  It was an absolutely lovely ceremony.  From 'Pomp and Circumstance' to the cake reception, just a lovely evening.

I left work early and raced home.  Lucky for me, parents agreed to pick Tate and his BFF up from daycare at 3:30 and met me at my house.  As I was driving into my garage I could hear Tate and Leo screeching, laughing and playing.  When I came up the steps to the second floor of the house it seemed every single toy had been pulled out.  Mind you, they arrived 10 minutes before I did.  Those sounds of absolute joy melted my heart.  I love how these two boys love one another, and I'm so very sad to know that Tate is soon to lose his bestest friend, but I refuse to focus on that right now.  I had ordered pizza to be delivered for the kiddos to eat (as well as us adults) and we opened the wine as soon as I arrived.  I invited a couple other kids from Tate's class along with their parents to get some food into their kids as well.  It was just nice to hang out for just a few minutes before the mad rush to get the kiddos dressed and back to the school by 5:15.

Pizza!!!

A synopsis of the ceremony...

Welcome
Processional
Pre-K Welcome - 2 of the kids
Pledge to the American Flag - 2 of the kids
Pledge to the Christian Flag - 2 of the kids
The Lord's Prayer - Tate and one of his little friends
'Let It Go' - Sung by Pre-K led by 2 of the kids
Song Medley - other school kids and the graduates
Message - the Church Pastor
Presenting of the Diplomas
Slide Show
'It's Wonderful World' - Sung by Pre-K led by 2 of the kids
Closing Prayer

It was just beautifully done.
Pomp and Circumstance




I love how he's looking at her...so sweet. 
Reciting The Lord's Prayer
And now how sweet she's looking at him :)
Taking the stage to get his diploma 
CONGRATULATIONS!
The new kindergartner!!
Turning the tassel!
Reciting his bible verse
'Be kind to one another, tender hearted, forgiving others even as God has forgiven you.'


Getting a little tired...
Then they broke into dance!!!!!
Our sweet neighbor came to the ceremony!!  We love her!!!
Our family!
We ventured across the street to the school for the reception after a quick photo-op with the BFF in front of the church!
Sweet boys!
Poor little Tate was absolutely exhausted after the ceremony;  so exhausted that he couldn't even enjoy his Crave vegan red-velvet cupcake.  He was just cooked.  (The ceremony lasted until about 7:20...he's normally in bed by 7:30/7:45).
I would love to show the cake,
but all the kids' names are listed.
So.Very.Tired.
We made our way home, brushed his teeth, changed his clothes and he was sound asleep by 7:45.

Congratulations my sweet sweet boy...

I videotaped the entire ceremony, but I've made the videos private.  I'm happy to share if you know me;  send me a note and I'll send you the links.  I'm linking them as I'm using this blog as a way to memorialize my life with Tate, so someday I'd like to share all this with him...even as soon as this upcoming year if/when he's missing his sweet friends.  Thanks for understanding.








2 comments:

Shannon said...

Oh he looks SO grown up all of a sudden. That first picture of him in his cap and gown made me all choked up for a second, as I imagined him looking very similar in his high school cap and gown!

Congratulations, Tate!

Tiara said...

Congratulations Tate! What a proud day for Momma!