We've had our Friday swim lessons. Tate's learning how to do the breaststroke now!!! He's also learning how to swim freestyle and breathing...he is not a fan of the breathing technique, but he's soldiering on. His second least favorite is having to use his arms to move in the water...he'd choose to just use his legs to propel himself forward all the time if he could. But he rarely complains about going, so we're gonna keep on keeping on.
Here they are working on the breaststroke...getting the frog legs going first!
Our spring soccer season finished up! Tate's gotten quite a bit better. He still gets his feelings hurt when the other 'team' doesn't let him score a goal and he still seems a bit confused about which way to dribble the ball, but other than that we're good...LOL!!
| They were playing some sort of game where Tate and Coach R were chasing everyone. Once they tagged you, you had to join hands and chase the rest of the group! |
| GOAL!! ALMOST! |
| Love how they all stand around the ball! |
He got a medal at the end of this season at both school and the weekend class. It's his first medal, and he was super excited about it! I'm going to see if I can parlay that into interest for swim team where he'll get more medals!! We shall see!
We spent some weekends together doing science experiments!! WooHoo! Just simple stuff...the ol' baking soda and vinegar experiment and then when one of Tate's classmates was over we did the Mentos and Diet Coke experiment! Tate loves doing these especially the baking soda and vinegar...he can work on that for at least an hour watching it all fizz!!
Teacher Appreciation Week happened this month. I decided to really celebrate this year and included all of the teachers at Tate's school. There are only 14 teachers in the entire school, and though only 5 of the current teachers have had him in their classrooms in the past 4 years full time, 2 of them care for/have cared for him before or after his regular teachers arrived/left. In addition, the assistant director and his 2 year old classroom teacher are there from 630am every single morning until the school closes in the evening. Almost 12 hours every single day. Without fail. Those two ladies have made the care of children their mission in life. Ms. S has been at his school for 27 years!!! Ms. L has been there for 16 years! We have been blessed by all these women...all 14 of them. They all look out for and love our sweet children.
![]() |
| Day One |
| Day Two |
| Day Three |
| Day Four |
| Day Five |
On this last day with the Smarties, I gave the women who have been his teachers these cute cups, the smarties and a gift card to Target as well as the assistant director and director of the school. I gave the 2 teachers who take over his class the smarties and a smaller gift card. The other teachers received the note with the smarties. I just love them all.
We've had some nice weekends, just the two of us, hanging out with one another and friends, I've been sleeping in. I do my best to get him to go back to sleep if he wakes up before 6am on the weekends. Then I'll let him watch his precious train videos or Mickey Mouse Clubhouse or Super Y on my computer and I'll go back to sleep for an hour or more. It's worked out really well. He's even gotten to where if he's hungry he'll go downstairs and get a cheesestick, some yogurt and applesauce for breakfast. He's even figured out how to make a bowl of cheerios WITH MILK (that he amazingly didn't spill everywhere). I had my kindergarten orientation at his new school one evening, and Aunt Lindsey babysat and dealt with the whining when she didn't put his towel on right. He then complained about the pjs I laid out and she said fine, find something else and make it snappy. He was overjoyed and found a pair of shoe pajamas (footed pjs) that were fleece. For a night it was 85 degrees overnight. We all survived.
![]() |
| At least he went to sleep for Aunt Lindsey! |
![]() |
| So proud that he got his cereal AND MILK all by himself! |
![]() |
| That's alot of food for such a little boy! He ate about 3/4 of it! Eyes are bigger than the stomach! |
![]() |
| Playing with his godmother's puppy! |
![]() |
| I caught him trying to stand on the chair on top of the chair! |
![]() |
| He admitted this was not a good idea. Thank goodness! |
![]() |
| Going to the park with Papa! |
| Graduation Practice! |
![]() |
| All smiles after his MMR booster! Just a few tears and within 2 or 3 minutes he was just sniffling. Such a sweet boy! |
![]() |
| Spray Park fun on Memorial Day weekend! |
No month in the life of Tate would be complete without trains!! We rode the zoo train and happily ran into one of his BFFs from school while there, so we had an impromptu playdate back here at our house. We rode the little steamers together one Saturday after soccer and on another day made our way downtown to see Houston's finest steam engine the Southern Pacific 982!!!
![]() |
| Riding the little steamers! |
Life is just grand. Just grand.
I love this boy. I love my life. I love our life together.



























No comments:
Post a Comment