Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

The Waiting Is Almost Over!

This is it!!  This is the month!!  School acceptances and lottery 'winnings' are decided this month.  One school has emailed prospective students' parents to say admission decision letters go out this Friday; anohter has posted on its site that letters go out March 2014.  The lottery for public school is March 28th.  So this is it!  The moment(s) I've been waiting for.  

Trying to keep busy, busy, busy which isn't too hard as work is super busy with spring break this week and next.  We had a low key, Tate and Mommy weekend this past weekend which was really nice after the craziness of our Friday at the doctor.

Some weekend highlights...

Last Saturday of Winter 2014 soccer...
We found an awesome new playground that one of the moms in our soccer class told me about!  The train is brand new!!!!  Guess who was in heaven?!  We were there about an hour.  We went by ourselves, but there were tons of kids there.  It's interesting (and hard) to watch your child play with other kids neither of you knows.  The older kids want to make fun of the little kids; at one point I thought it was really getting out of hand as about 4-5 7 and 8 year old girls were surrounding Tate and sticking their tongues out at him making that spitting sound.  I let him work it out at first and when I saw no change I did step in and remove him from the situation.  I reminded him that sticking out tongues and spitting is very rude and that when people are doing that they are being mean.  I then reminded him of what we do when people are rude and mean...we walk away and find someone else to play with.  Luckily he seemed not the least bit fazed, more surprised than anything.  All was good and he had an absolute blast!

So very happy!

Isn't this so very cool?
And then he figured out how to climb on top!

We came home and just hung out...so fabulous.

We skipped church on Sunday after the time change!  Ugh...I hate springing forward.  Tate woke up at 6:29am (the old 5:29am) and I was just exhausted.  I let him watch his precious trains and he was happy as a clam.  He's now watching videos that are mostly 'how steam engines work' or 'how diesel engines work' or ones that compare different types of toy trains and how they're made.  And he's happy as a clam, and I'm happy he's not just watching mindless crap.  

In any event, I slept until 8:30!!!  Ok slept off and on, but I got some really good zzzzzs.  So very happy.  We had a leisurely breakfast and made our way to the grocery store.



Later that day it was back to the park.  Yep! The park from the day before!!  Sunday it was a good 15 degrees cooler!  It had rained all night, so we practically had the place to ourselves.  There were two other little kids just about Tate's age and they had a great time chasing one another and playing...this is my idea of fun for 4 and 5 year olds!




Now tell me who wouldn't want this adorable little guy at their school!??  Whatever school WE choose will be lucky to have my sweet Tate!!!

3 comments:

Tiara said...

Keeping fingers crossed for you & Tate & the school decisions.

That park looks just awesome!

Aurora said...

You did exactly right in how you handled the mean girl bullying! Good job!

Laraf123 said...

I agree--whichever school you choose (because you will have multiple offers) will be very fortunate to have Tate!

Love seeing the outdoor photos--can't wait to see the ground and go to the park here!