Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 30, 2014

A Fun Family Weekend!

Whew!!  What a weekend!!  I should be in bed!  But we've had so much fun!!!

Friday morning found us up with the roosters at 6 and there was no lolly gagging about in bed for me that morning!  We were off to the dealership to get my car checked in for her 90,000 mile check-up appointment at 7:40, so after a quick breakfast for Tate we were on the road!  

I decided to also go ahead and buy another key for the car!! It just wasn't worth the stress and worry of not losing the one I just purchased a couple of weeks ago.  So that was an added $320 to my bill, but whacha gonna do?
 
We came home for a hot minute to let Tate play with his trains, and I could get the rest of our stuff for our day together!  We ran off to swim lessons where Tate had a blast until the teacher had them all practice learning how to breathe while swimming...the 3 of them hate this part of lessons the most! :)
I zipped him over to daycare for pajama day and movies!  He was so excited;  all the kids were to bring their favorite movies.   Tate brought 'Percy's Chocolate Crunch' to share with his buddies.  I was then off to my 90 minute massage with the fantastic Jane...she is absolutely awesome!

I then had to make my way to our annual Houston dental meeting for the afternoon.  I had one lecture to attend and the speaker was really good.  He spoke about nutrition and diet...great information!  I left a bit early and made it over to pick up Tate so we could spend the rest of the late afternoon and early evening together.  He was a bit worn out though...
Saturday morning I lazed in bed a bit while Tate watched some 'Frozen' videos on YouTube then I was up washing my hair, getting him situated with breakfast and the house a bit tidied up!  We drove off to pick up my car and return our loaner.  We were then off to soccer...Tate did score a goal...in the wrong goal :).  Details.  Details.  Next stop was Tate's favorite place...the library!!!  He was in heaven!  
We made our way home a bit later for a quick lunch then we were off to Crave to pick up a cupcake as we were off to my nephew's 2 year old birthday celebration at my sister's house.  We hung out for a couple hours;  Tate, of course, spent the first 30 minutes playing with Scotty's old train set.  After cake we went outside to let the boys run around in the gorgeous Spring sunshine!
I had promised Tate we would go to the French Fry Place for dinner.  He was in his very happy place.  I wonder if he loves this place because of the food or the chance to gaze at himself...his self love is very evident :).

A quick trip to the grocery store, and we were finally on our way home.  Bath, stories and toothbrushing done and he was asleep by 7:45!

Tate was awake by 5:30 this morning to my chagrin.  I made him stay in bed, ostensibly with his eyes closed, until 6.  Then I let him watch his beloved trains on YouTube for 90 minutes while I went straight back to sleep, and I slept hard.  When my alarm (I use my phone) went off I didn't hear it;  all of a sudden I heard Tate saying "Mommy!  Mommy!! MOMMY!  Your phone is ringing!"  :)  I finally woke up and got us some breakfast, and we were off to church.  Tate was a bit difficult in church, just laying about, not wanting to pay attention.  But we made it through, though I'm so tired of having to threaten Tate to get good behavior...I want him to behave because he knows he should.  Sigh.  I told him if he didn't behave we weren't going to be able to play with H this afternoon because if he couldn't be nice with me, how was I to know he would be nice with her.  Cue the tears and hiccups and good behavior.  

Another grocery store stop complete with snacks for him, breakfast for me and we were back home for a reprieve.  I got his lunch together, and we were off to meet H and her mom at the park.  It was a new park to us, and it was an absolutely gorgeous day!!  We were there for 2 1/2 hours and it was just great.  The kids had a blast running around playing and did really well together.  It was just lovely to be able to sit back with N and just talk the day away.  No stress around, no worries about doing laundry, washing dishes, cleaning anything.  It was just a wonderful afternoon.  I even let Tate enjoy a popsicle from the ice cream man!!!



On the way home, we stopped by the shoe store to buy some Captain America shoes for Tate!  He's so excited with his new light up shoes.  And he's a size 11 now!  Please stop growing child!!!

We came home and Tate went back to playing with his trains while I let loose my culinary skills.  In the 75 minute period between when we got home and ate dinner, I made Chicken Marsala for tomorrow's dinner, sliders on the George Foreman grill for tonight's dinner, noodles and green beans for Tate's lunch tomorrow, and baked a chicken breast to make chicken salad for my lunch for the week.  Just call me Julia Child!!!  The house smells yummy!!

We cleaned up, yes we!  Singulair down his gullet and we made our way upstairs for bedtime routine!! We took a shower together...Tate hates showers, so I've decided that he needs to learn how to take them.  I can't figure out what he doesn't like...the water in his face? the slipperiness?  the feel of the spray on his back?  He won't even shower after swim lessons.  So we are going to work this out.  He's happy to shower with me as long as I stand in front of him.  Tonight we worked on washing his hair and rinsing off under the spray directly, and he did great!!!  

We got ensconced on the bed and read a couple of stories, brushed his teeth and then I let him pick another story.  He chose one of his library books that is a Step 2 Reading book... a Thomas the Train book of course.  I decided to let him read a page then I would read a page.  He did great!!  He was able to sound out the majority of the words!!  So proud of my emerging reader!!

Now I'm talking my dear friend in NYC and enjoying a quiet evening.  What a lovely weekend.

1 comment:

Laraf123 said...

How exciting that Tate is sounding out words on the pages of his bedtime stories--won't be long before he's reading novels!