Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, January 14, 2011

Where Have We Been?

It's been an interesting couple of weeks!!  After our visit to the ER, we saw the allergist the following week.  After some detective work, we ascertained that the only new thing was oranges.  I had just started him on those about a week prior to this incident.   He had oranges that day for lunch.  Now I just knew this test was going to come back negative.  I really and truly believed it would...who is allergic to oranges?!  Well, lo and behold he came back positive!!!  He is allergic to oranges.  I cannot believe it, and our allergist is flummoxed by the severity of his reaction to the oranges.  So, we now avoid all citrus items!  I must say though, I don't believe this will be our last reaction.  My little guy just seems to have so many allergy issues.  His total IgE is high which means he is an allergic kid...I didn't need a test to tell me that!

So, where else have we been?  My computer no longer has a screen that operates.  The computer comes to life and happily sits there ready to be used.  However, the screen is black!  Ugh.  As such, I have been without a computer for 6 days with 3-4 more days to go!!  And I have moved on from PCs!!  My sister, Lindsey and Christian have convinced me a Mac is the way to go, so my Macbook Pro should arrive within the week.  (fyi...I'm writing this on Lindsey's Mac) My pink Dell is to be purely decoration from now on.

Then.......my dryer went on the fritz.  About 10 days ago I smelled gas in my laundry room.  The gas company came out and found no signs of gas anywhere in my house thankfully.  However, the gentleman told me my dryer was improperly connected to the outlet or whatever you call that thing that  goes outside and  carbon monoxide leaks out that way!!  So now I have to get a new dryer!!  And I've just decided to get a new washer as well!

Carbon monoxide...unbelievable.  Of course, I have huge mommy guilt as the laundry room is right next to our room.  How many times have I done laundry with him sound asleep, though both doors are always closed.  I now have carbon monoxide detectors on all 3 floors. 

So, our 2011 has started out with a bang...a bang my wallet could have done without. :)  But it's ok!!  It's still going to be a great year!!  We are going to Virginia this summer for a family reunion.  Christian will be returning at least twice to visit!!  And most importantly,  Tate is still his funny, festive, loving self.  He has started that noise with his lips where he uses his hands to make that brrrrSoooo cute.  In the past 2-3 weeks he has started giving me the most amazing hugs and kisses.  He loves when we're playing on the floor and I lay down on the floor...I become his jungle gym and he is all over me just giggling away.  He has a new fascination with airplanes.  Whenever he hears one he puts his hand up and looks out the window (if we're inside) and if we're outside he turn in circles looking at the sky trying to find it.  He can even do the sign for airplane and he will say 'air.'  Maybe we'll drive near one of the airports and just hang out one day.   

So happy 2011 everyone and especially my wonderful Baby Tate!!!










1 comment:

Laraf123 said...

It's so wonderful when they start hugging back--words cannot describe it! Airplanes? How fun! Too bad you can't actually hang out and watch (for free) the planes take off from the airport like the good ol' days.