Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Disneyland 2015 - Day 4 - California Adventure (CARS LAND!)


Cars Land - - Radiator Springs Racers  -- California Adventure!

Stopped by to say Good Morning to Goofy as we left our hotel!
Look at the excitement! 
6:30 in the morning and he's happy as a clam!  I LOVE this boy!
CARS LAND -Our big must do our last full day in California!  We had been forewarned, pre-warned, advised, told that we HAD to ride Radiator Springs Racers, that the fast passes went faster than the speed of light and that even with a fast past we'd probably end up waiting 45 minutes.

No matter for me and my Lightning McQueen aficionado!  We arrived at California Adventure at 6:40am with all of our other friends staying on Disney's property!  As advised once we made it inside we made a beeline for Cars Land.

Only to find out that Radiator Springs Racers was closed for repairs with no real idea of when the ride would re-open.  It was hoped it would open by 10am.  Three long hours away.  I was worried Tate would be so upset.

I needn't have worried...as soon as we turned the corner and saw Cars Land he was in heaven and could have cared less about the ride.

We were the only people, and I mean the ONLY people who made our way down Route 66 to meet Lightning McQueen.  Tate had him all to himself for about 20 minutes.

And oh my goodness!!  Cars Land was absolutely amazing!  It looked exactly like it does in the movie!  Exactly!!!  I have never seen something so perfect!  It is just fabulously done!

After being sweetly shy initially, Tate just talked and talked to Lightning, showing him his coloring books, told him all about our trip and peppered him with questions and conversations.  He had met the REAL Lightning McQueen!








Then we turned around and saw Red!!!!  He was right in front of Flo's Cafe!!!












 Across from Flo's Cafe we saw Luigi's Tires!!!
 We had some fun posing for photos after Red went to attend his firefighting duties!!












 We walked a little further down and saw Sally's Cozy Cone Motel!  Who should happen to show up there, but Mater!!






After we had explored every nook and cranny of Cars Land I managed to drag Tate away to ride some rides!!  Well I didn't get to drag him too far...first stop was Mater's Junkyard Jamboree in Cars Land!


It was actually quite a fun ride!!  Lots of laughter and screeching from both of us!  A great way to start our fun since Radiator Springs Racers was closed!

We attempted to leave Cars Land, but then my little guy saw Sarge's Surplus Hut, so we made a pit stop to buy a couple of toys.  He wanted to carry the cars around, so I acquiesced!   A quick stop at Fillmore's Taste-In and then we finally made our way out of Cars Land!


Next stop we headed toward Paradise Pier to ride Toy Story Midway Mania!  It was so much fun even though the line was quite long!  With everyone in the park early to ride the Cars ride which was shut down, it shuttled everyone to the rides not usually full this early in the morning!  But it was well worth it!
We strolled through the park trying to find other rides we would like; the park was quite empty on this side...we went through Grizzly Peak and Hollywood Land and made our way to my favorite ride from WDW .... Soarin'.  We got in line and patiently waited.  Then I heard people whispering about the fact that Radiator Springs Racers was opening!  I grabbed Tate, grabbed a FP for Soarin' and we raced over to Cars Land!

No such luck.  Still closed.  


Dejected we walked back toward Soarin. Mind you I was dejected...Tate was in a great mood.  As we were walking toward Ariel's Under the Sea ride I decided to perk up and enjoy myself!  Tate was having a blast;  he didn't know that Radiator Springs Racers was supposed to be awesome...his day had been made by meeting his hero.  I was letting my expectations bring me down!  No more!  We were having FUN!  We rode Ariel's ride...probably the lamest ride we rode that day, but who cares...we were on vacation!


We then made our way back to Soarin' and it was just as much fun here as it was in WDW.  Still one of my most favorite rides!  We both love it so much!

We went to A Bug's Land and rode the Ladybug Boogie :)


After a Bug's Land we made our way back to Cars Land...it was 11am and the cast members had thought Radiator Springs Racers would be up and running by 10am...we had checked back many, many times. Still closed, but we decided to grab a bite to eat at Flo's V8 Cafe and even better, our cousins had joined us!!! 

We introduced Kayla and Korey to Mater and Lightning...








We sat down to eat and we were just enjoying ourselves.

All of a sudden I noticed an increase in the number of people walking down the street next to Flo's Cafe.  And they weren't just walking...they were practically jogging.  And they were excited!  I jumped up almost knocking all our food over as I realized Radiator Springs Racers WAS OPEN!!!

Happy Happy Joy Joy!

Of note...I've never ridden this ride.  I knew absolutely nothing about it!  I'd just been told it was really cool.

I sent Gail off to find Marcus who was off looking for something to eat and I grabbed the kids to go get in line.  I was like a mad woman...I knew if we didn't get in line ASAP that we would be stuck in line for at least an hour if not two.  I was crazed...I know Gail and Marcus thought I was losing my mind.  I shoved the kids and we got in line!  Gail found Marcus and jumped into line with us!  It was hilarious!  We were all teeming with excitement...actually everyone in line was!  It was just an amazing experience :)


 So excited as we waited in line...









Then it was our turn!  We put the kids in the front and we climbed into the back!
Our view in our car! 
Another gorgeous view!
The beginning of the ride...










We had no idea what we were in for after Lightning wished us good luck!!!

We LOVED it!  All 6 of us!  Marcus couldn't stop talking about it!  We were thrilled...this was the first ride that lived up to all the hype.

We loved it so much that we decided to go try to get fast passes to return after dinner!!  The fast passes were almost gone, and it wasn't even noon!  But we got 6 for the time we wanted...745p-845p!!

We were now all very happy campers :)  We hustled off to see Aladdin.  Wow...that show was amazingly wonderful!  We were in the nose bleed section of the nose bleed section :) and still thoroughly enjoyed it!!










On our way out of the theater we ran into Doc McStuffins!!!


  






After we met Doc Tate and I made our way back to our hotel...he needed a nap for the long evening ahead and I needed to pack us up for our trip home the following day.  Tate was so tired and worn out from the excitement of the morning that he happily left with me!

We returned in time for the Pixar Play Parade!  They even had a little 'party' in the street while we were waiting for the parade.  I knew Tate would enjoy himself if he joined in, but he's always so hesitant...so I bribed him!  Off he scampered with the knowledge he could get another toy at Sarge's Hut (which I had already planned on doing anyway!)  He had a blast!!!


The parade was fantastic!  We loved seeing the cast of 'Inside Out!'










While we were waiting for the rest of the parade...


Monster's Inc, The Incredibles, Nemo, Toy Story and Cars.....So much fun!


































We made our way to Sarge's Surplus Hut for a couple more Cars toys and posed for a few more pictures!








Tate is driving!!!


There's Flo!!! 









So much fun doing all the poses!!!

Then we all sat down for dinner at Ariel's Grotto for our World of Color Dining Package.  The views were spectacular, the food just so-so.  Of all the things at DL that were just amazing, the food was very disappointing.  We had a lot of trouble finding allergy friendly food for Tate, and when we did we had to wait inordinate amounts of time for his food to be served....my only complaint the entire trip!

Then we raced over to Cars Land to use our FP to ride Radiator Springs Racers one last time!!  It was just as awesome the second time...this time we put the adults in front, kids in the back!
It was gorgeous as the sun was just getting ready to go down!





 Here comes our car!!!!!


These kids..Kayla didn't want to ride, Korey was a tad tired
and Tate was over the moon excited!
Then we were off!!  It was just as much fun the second time!  My most favorite ride-EVER!
When we got on the ride the sun was setting even more giving us these gorgeous views...




When we exited the ride Cars Land had been lit up at dusk!  Breathtaking!









AAAAHHH Tate is driving again!!! 
 Then we made our way over to our reserved seats for the spectacular World of Color!!  What a perfect way to end our night and week in California.  Just beautiful!  A wonderful tribute for Disneyland's 60th Anniversary!








 I love how these three love one another!  I'm so very glad we get them together so often!!!



It was an absolutely magical day!  Just magical.  And seeing it through Tate's eyes made the magic come alive for me!  These memories I'm making with him are nestling down in my heart and my mind.  And it's not about it being Disneyland as much as it is seeing him happy.  For now a red car who races makes him happy and that makes me happy.  I love this boy.






1 comment:

Tiara said...

Loved seeing all those photos. Sounds like a great day. Elena is already talking about wanting to go to Disneyland now that we've done Disney World