Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 15, 2014

February Fun!

This is going to be a happy post!!  I want lots of happy tonight!  It's Valentine's Weekend!  A weekend dedicated to love.  And I have lots of love in my life...I am blessed beyond measure.

We've had a low key month.  Just alot of Tate and me, which I love.

We've gone to our favorite restaurant several times...aka The French Fry Place according to Tate.


Asparagus...yum??
We went to the local pottery place where he painted Nemo as I just let him watch 'Finding Nemo' for the first time earlier this month here at home.  He was so excited, though he got very bored about halfway through and wondered why it was taking so long to find Nemo because "He's right there Mommy!"





I didn't help him hardly at all except to make sure he painted three coats.  He even had to tell me to not take the Nemo away when I thought he was done because he needed to do the black stripes!!  We picked up his projects today!  (He made the ice cream cone for me!  Sweet boy!)


It's a piggy bank!  And he's already
earned his first quarter for it by helping
me unload the dishwasher today!
He's had soccer every Saturday morning which he likes I would say somewhat.  He spends alot of time 'falling down' and complaining that noone will give him the ball...um that's the point of the game little boy.  He's a great fast dribbler, but has little to no control over the ball, so goes out of bounds, alot.  I'm so damn competitive that I probably need to not go to games etc because I don't find the 4 year olds' cluelessness cute; it annoys me greatly.  At least I can admit it, right?
 


He absolutely loves, loves, loves going to the library!  And with a mom who is a book lover this is music to my ears.  Also, I must say my little boy who is just 4 1/2 years old can actually read.  He is reading!  I cannot believe it.  He sounds out the words carefully, amazingly doesn't get frustrated (though I imagine this might change) and just read away.  And I'm not talking about memorized stories; he's reading new stories.  Sure I have to help him with several words..he got stuck on 'people' today as well as 'wires', 'sound' and a few more that he doesn't know how to sound out, but basic words enough to read some basic books...he's got it!  He's breezing through the BOB books Set One and he loves the  Starfall website.  He's already through #10 on that webpage...we were able to skip to the 'Learn to Read' part of the site!



He had to spend a day at one of the private schools I'm applying to.  They wanted to see how he would fit in with the existing class as well as administer an admission test.  He seemed to do just fine.  The nurse gave him the test, then gave him a roll of smarties, so he was a very happy boy...I was not happy about the candy, but oh well.  He did just great though at drop-off at 745am.  One of the students in the class he joined was assigned to be his buddy for the day...he ate lunch with Tate, shared his cubby with Tate, played with Tate...he was there to make sure Tate wasn't alone ever.  Tate told me this little boy was his new best friend!  LOL!  Of course he was, Tate.  He was basically paid to be your friend :).
Here we are at drop-off.
We've had a couple of days where he didn't want to be left at daycare :( but when he watches me through the window it's usually all better.  The drop-offs are usually only hard when his buddy K isn't there yet!!



But he loves his friends!

Last week I had my annual slumber party here at the house...massages, good friends, lots of laughs and love, chick flicks (though we had the Olympics on this time) and an all around good time.  Tate spent the night with his Papa, and he was absolutely thrilled!  He had his suitcase packed the night before.  However, he woke up in Papa's bed at 2am and decided he was up for the day!  My poor daddy!  They had had a great afternoon and night on Saturday night;  Tate went down to sleep with not a peep.  My dad did say he woke up congested and had a hard time breathing.  When I finally woke up at 8:45am on Sunday (I have not slept that late since Tate was born...I kid you not!) I called to check on them.  Needless to say, my mom and I were at their house by 10:15 am to save my poor dad.  Tate was an absolute disaster of tiredness the rest of the day.  He did take a 90 minute nap in the car, but it wasn't enough.  But as always we made it through!



They're off!
We had Tate's allergy testing about a week ago as well.  They tested for peanuts, all tree nuts, sesame, eggs and oranges.  He didn't respond to the eggs and oranges!! Hooray!!  So we have to go back for a food challenge on those.  I've got my fingers crossed.  However, he failed the peanuts and tree nuts test horribly...way huger reaction than he ever had to the eggs and oranges.  I'm not optimistic that he'll grow out of this allergy, but I will be praying fervently that he does.  He'll be re-tested for those in a year.  He was pricked 14 times...he was a trooper; didn't start crying until about the 7th stick.  Such a sweet boy!





Doesn't he look so very little?

We've had some fun here at home.  I made sliders for the first time, and he seemed to enjoy them.


 As always he plays with his trains constantly.  At one point I noticed he was moving the majority of them, along with some other toys into the dining room; I paid minimal attention.  A couple hours later he ran over to the tv armoire saying "I've got to get them a movie Mommy."  "Ok Tate!"  Thought nothing of it.  Later that night after he was in bed I was pushing the chairs back under the table and saw this:
All the toys and trains are watching the movie!!!  LOL!  So creative my kid!!!

The cat is loving the sunlight that has finally returned today!  Sweet Vinnie!



Then yesterday was Valentine's Day!  Of course his school had a big to-do!  It seems like it was just lovely!  All the classes had parties and the director took some amazing pictures of the kiddos!  Tate had a blast...I made sure to send a vegan Crave cupcake in for him and he was able to participate in the party festivities once he arrived after swim lessons.  My mom took him to swim lessons for me as I had to work this rare Friday...we had two 'snow' days here in Houston this month!!  It's been unseasonably cold across the country and we had to make up the day.  Anyway, he made it in time for all the party fun!!!

Here are his breakfast valentines from me (I made the card at the slumber party!)  Inside the bag was a Little Einsteins DVD (it include the episode 'Go West Young Train' :) ) and a chocolate lollipop and two chocolate covered pretzels!
My mom made him the red card at the party, and the
other is from a friend!
This is the box 'he' made for his valentines at school.  It's just gorgeous!  I love it...his teacher took alot of time to make these for us...I'm forever grateful...

A face only a mother could love :)


Here's my sweet boy with his band of brothers...

These boys are pretty inseparable.  I love how they love one another.  

Oh how I love this one...


No comments: