Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Those Three Little Words

THAT'S MY MOM!!!!  

Tate hollered when I picked him up this evening from daycare.  He raced over from the playhouse he was playing in outside screeching "THAT'S MY MOM!!"

Little legs pumping.

Finger pointing.

Chest heaving.

Sweat dripping.


Arms up in the air.

"THAT'S MY MOM!"

Into my arms he went for a quick sweaty hug and a quite summary of his day and how his BFF C was crying earlier.  I asked if he wanted to go check on him to be sure he was ok.  Tate shook his head yes.  (strangely this crying jag of C's had happened earlier, but obviously was sitting on Tate's heart)

"That's my mom"  I love the sound of that.  My mom.  He's never called me mom before...It's always Mommy or Mama.  I don't know why those three words have laid on my heart all night.  Maybe it's the strong sense of possession.  Maybe it's his assuredness of who I am to him.  Maybe it's excitement emanating from his very pores as he said it.

Honestly, those three words are almost as precious to me as an unbidden "I love you."

I don't think I'll ever forget this evening on the playground at daycare pick-up between 

ME AND MY SON.


2 comments:

Tiara said...

It's those simple moments that stick with us more than the grand event, eh. Such a sweet story

Laraf123 said...

What an awesome moment!

I think it means so much when they say this because they are identifying/claiming you in public as opposed to the "Mommy, I want's... or "Mommy, I don't like's" or the "Mommy, can I's" when it's just the two of you.

Anyway you look at it, it's a moment to remember!