Tate fell asleep in the stroller before we hit passport control, so around 6:10pm. He napped on the plane about 1h 45m from 830a-1015a Houston time, but 330p-515p HIS Germany time. So we landed at 1 am HIS time. We shall see what the night holds. I'm praying for a miracle here and that he sleeps until 5 or so. That would make me do the dance of joy.
You may wonder what the hell I'm doing blogging.
Though I am absolutely exhausted, I'm waiting for my Star Pizza to arrive because I am STARVING. If I don't get some food in my belly, I will be even less able to deal with Tate if he wakes up. And yes I desperately, desperately need some sleep. Because let me just say...I am way more exhausted now than I was before our trip.
A vacation with your 2 1/2 year old is no vacation. It's a trip. At least for Tate and me. He consistently woke up around his same time of 6/615 am after his sleep issues. However, around 515a each and every morning he wakes just enough to fuss, complain in his sleep, cry out then roll back over and go to bed. He does this in the room we shared on vacation :) So guess who else woke up and gritted her teeth praying he would go back to sleep. Yep! You got it!
I'm emotionally spent. Physically spent. Spiritually spent.
And leaving Christian or him leaving us is always so difficult. That just about undoes me each time. And this time was probably the hardest. We're still trying so hard to find our way, and though we were together for 9 days and nights we only sat down the two of us to hang out for about 30 minutes last night and then today on the way to the airport.
Alot of feelings going on between the two of us.
And Tate was in absolute love with 'his daddy.'
What are we going to do?
But right now I'm going to get dressed for bed (just had an awesome shower!), lay on the couch while I wait for my pizza and catch up on some blogs, and then hopefully be asleep by 9! In my own....so very soft, American bed.
God Bless the USA.
| Waiting to take off from Frankfurt. Quite sad to be leaving Daddy. |
| Asleep before we hit passport control... |
| On the car ride home...transferred from the stroller with ease. The transfer to the crib on the third floor of our house...not so easy. But he fell back asleep after being rocked for about 10 minutes. |

2 comments:
Wow! What a trip! Hope you enjoyed your pizza & a good long rest!
You are very brave to undertake the trip. I think it will get only easier from here on out... this is not an easy age to travel with, I am sure!
Do tell us more about your relationship with Christian when you have the energy... I feel like i haven't really seen you delve into it with us thus far.
And welcome home!
Post a Comment