Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Needing a Red T-Shirt - TOMORROW!!!

How am I so much more busy with my almost finished with second grade 7 1/2 year old than I was with my 7 1/2 month old who needed me to do absolutely everything for him?

It's so funny though how much more life as an SMC has become simply life as a working parent.  Sure there are times when being a single mama is surely more difficult than being a married mama...case in point the email (which was sent at 1:30pm today)  I read today at 5:15pm as I was leaving the office telling me that the boys can wear a Rockets shirt to school tomorrow since we're in the playoffs and tomorrow night is a BIG game.  Because honestly at 5:15pm it's gonna take me 30-40 minutes to drive the 7.5 miles home from work.  Adding a stop at Academy will set me back 15-20 minutes.  The sitter needs to leave at 6pm.  I need to get Tate fed and hang out with him by 7pm, so we can be reading stories and he be going to sleep by 7:45pm.  There is no going home and sending the hubs out to get a shirt.  There's no me running out after I've made dinner and the kid is in bed.

Oh yeah because we don't have a Rockets shirt.

But yeah, these are the kinds of things it's easier to do with a second adult in the house.  It's one of the reasons my house is fully stocked on children's pain relievers, band-aids, stomach medicine, my advil, toilet paper, tampons...all the basics.  I am practically a drugstore because at midnight I don't have someone to send to the drugstore to get some ibuprofen for my feverish child.  And yes I know I could put said sick kid in my car and take him with me, and that's what I would do if I had none.  Though I do have a couple of friends who have told me to call them, call them, call them in the middle of the night if I need them.  And I know they aren't lying.  I could call Allison or Nancy and they'd be here in a heartbeat.

But wait!  They can because they have husbands!  See how that works!!  :)

In any event, we're so busy here.  But we're good busy.  Lots of soccer and baseball on the weekends. Lots of time together just me and my boy.  And goodness is he just the best kid to be around these days.  We've had some really rough patches especially right after Spring Break, but I think with school winding down we see a light at the end of the tunnel.

But I don't feel any different than any of my married parental friends.  Life is super busy for us all.  We're all just getting by it seems.  Work, end of year activities, sports activities, family obligations, family health problems, deaths.  It's all the same whether you're partnered or not.  It's as if with age the playing field levels for all family types.  

I sure do love my little family.




No comments: