Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, May 9, 2016

Mother's Day 2016

Last week my beautiful son met me at the door with some flowers he had picked on his way home from the playground with his babysitter.  My sweet sweet boy didn't need a reason to give me flowers.  He didn't need Mother's Day to bring me flowers.  That in and of itself was the best present I got for Mother's Day...the impromptu love!

It was an uneventful Mother's Day for me and my sweet boy.  A day much like any other day...waking up to him beside me asking if he could watch something on my phone since it was the weekend :).

After his allowed time he ran downstairs to make himself breakfast and I tooled around getting myself moving at 7:30.  I finished his breakfast for him, got us ready and we raced to church, late as usual.

There were flowers for all the ladies in the services;  Tate got a gorgeous yellow rose for me!  I dropped him at Sunday School then headed out to do some grocery shopping.

Presenting the offering
Just a typical Sunday.

He did remember to say 'Happy Mother's Day' and he made me a sweet card while in Sunday School after the lesson.  

We came home, hung out, ate some lunch, went for a walk while he rode his bike then came home to wait for Grandmommy, Papa and Aunt Lindsey to arrive for an early dinner.  Lindsey had actually just flown in from Australia, so after my parents picked her up they came to my place while she got cleaned up.  We took Tate to the park to fly kites and let him play on the playground.  It was a gorgeous afternoon.

Reading to Grandmommy

Lindsey made it over, and we had some dinner made by yours truly.

And you know what?  It was a perfect day.  Yes I had to make my own breakfast, lunch and dinner, but I don't mind that kind of stuff.  I like taking care of Tate and I was more than happy to make dinner for my parents as well as my sister who had been traveling for 23 hours.  That's what a mom does...she takes care of EVERYONE.  And I love it!

Last night before he went to bed Tate cleaned space off my bedside table and this morning he brought breakfast up to me.  He's decided he's going to bring me breakfast every day since I mentioned that lots of kids made breakfast in bed for their moms for Mother's Day.  I told him he could wait until my birthday, but he insisted.  Such a sweetheart.

Friday was Mother/Son Mass at school.  He gave me a beautiful flower he made in his Maker Space class that smells divine.  The boys all received a rose to give to their mothers, then they all sang to their moms.  You Are My Sunshine.




I still look at this child of mine amazed that God chose me to mother his sweet soul.  On this day I am always ever so grateful for the opportunity to do what I've always wanted to do, be a mom.  My life's goal has come true, and I couldn't have been given a more perfect child for me to mother.  I can barely remember what my life was like before him; oh it was full of love and life and fun, that's for sure!  He's just that last little piece that makes my life complete.  

No comments: