Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 31, 2016

A New Twist on Resolutions!

It's January 31st!  The first month of the new year is about over!  I've always half-heartedly made some large, sweeping resolution to change my life at the beginning of each new year and been completely and totally overwhelmed and just never made a success of any of them.

This year I took the advice of a post I read on FB...monthly resolutions.  It was suggested that you make small resolutions for 30 days;  even better if you paired up with a friend or two for support along the month.  And if you didn't 'make' your resolution for the month, then you can carry it over to the next month or just start over.  Each month is a fresh start.  Say you say you're going to walk 10 days in a month and you only do 9...pledge to walk the extra day the next month.

This seemed like something I could on board with!  I emailed my tribal girlfriends and asked them to join me!!  8 of the 10 of them joined me!!

I decided to focus on three aspects of my life with my resolutions...my family, my health and my home.

For my family, I vowed to not use my phone, text, email, check fb or participate in any social media while with Tate during the week.  From the time I got home from work until he was in bed...nothing.  I'm very happy to say I was very successful at that!!  It was great to just focus on him.  I don't know if he noticed a difference, but I did.  And it was much easier than I anticipated!

For my healthy, I resolved to get some sort of exercise 5 days a week....walking was going to be my easiest form of exercise.  I didn't make 5 days a week each week, but I did manage at least 3 times each week.  Even better I got Tate to go with me a couple of times on his scooter while I walked.  I averaged about 20 minutes each time during the work week when I walked during lunch and about 20-30 minutes on the weekends.  I even walked the perimeter of the playground while he was playing with a friend to make almost a mile!!

For my home, I vowed to start working on getting this place ready to go on the market as well as fixing things I've been putting off.  This month I decided to change all my locks to double dead bolts, mostly for safety's sake.  I even managed to fix the lock on my fence myself insuring now it's locked with a master lock at all times!!!  This I completed as well...the locksmith was just here this past Friday, and all our locks are changed!!

I can't wait to see what February holds for me.

In other news, Tate has found the Avengers.  We are in full Superhero mode here...here we are on our walk today!!!






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good job on the resolutions!!

I love Captain America scooting around the neighborhood too!!