Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Who Is That Boy?

There was a gorgeous boy in my office waiting room Monday late afternoon. I walked through the door to the waiting room because I saw my mom sitting there...she and my dad pick Tate up on Mondays and take him to swim lessons.  They then bring him to my office afterwards and head on home.

I saw a tall young boy playing with the toys in the waiting room.  His back was turned to me, but his profile was visible.  

In that split second as I pushed through the door, I was taken aback by this child's beauty.  This young boy who was seemingly going to grow up to be a gorgeous young man.

Imagine my surprise when I was realized it was my Tate.

It's like he grew up between 730am drop off at school and the 5pm drop off at my office.  He wasn't in his usual shorts and short-sleeved shirt...he was wearing a long sleeved shirt and pants.  That was probably part of my confusion.

What has mostly stuck with me is how much he's grown up.  He's lost all of the baby look to him, he's so much more self-assured.  

He's just more boy.


My baby boy.  

Where is the time going? 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aren't those moments surreal?! And lovely!! He is going to be a heart-breaker that is for sure!