Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, June 2, 2014

Our Summer 2014 Bucket List

So, over here in my corner of the world there's a movement to publish a Summer Bucket List.  

Oh and to actually accomplish many, if not all the ideas, adventures and activities on said bucket list. 

 Case in point, this blog which got it all started...
Houston Mom's Blog Bucket List

Not one to be left out of such festivities I've created a summer bucket list for Tate and me.  As I'm a single working mama, I have to keep our list small and contained as we will only have the weekends together to complete ours.  My goal is for us to do something fun every weekend, even if it's something we've done before.

*Hit up a different library than our regular one.
*Miller Outdoor Theater
*Taking our bikes to ride around Memorial Park or the bike trails in Heights or Hermann park...just somewhere safe where we can have a blast riding together!
*Write a letter to President Obama and Disney characters
*Teach Tate to tie his shoes
*Take snacks to the fire station
*Go to the Tomball Railroad Depot
*Go visit the Houston Tinplate Operators
*Go to Kemah Boardwalk
*Go to a baseball game
*Get a snoball
*Go to the Museum of Health and Medical Science
*Go to a water park like Splashtown or Schlitterrbahn
*Go to the zoo and actually look at at least one animal.
*Take snacks to the hospital where Tate was born.
*Go to a professional soccer game. (this might be difficult as almost all the games are at 8pm or later)
*Go to church at least twice a month.
*Eat out at 2 or 3 different restaurants other than our normal faves.
*Go to the beach.
*I want to have at least one adult night out each month, sans child.

Oh and...
*Go to Disneyworld for a week :)

I'm also going to journal with Tate what each of our favorite part of each day is.   And I'm going to let him write it himself :)

Here's to the first days of summer!!!
















2 comments:

Lindsey Cunningham said...

Umm I have taken Tate to the zoo and he saw multiple animals so you can cross that off your list!

Aurora said...

I'm a semi-regular reader of your blog. (Tate is adorable) i remember a post where you said you hated making little kids cry as a dentist so when I read this article i thought about you. :-) a new technology is ont he horizon that might make needles a thing of the past.

http://www.elephantjournal.com/2014/06/7-simple-steps-to-ease-anxiety-without-a-pill-cyndi-roberts/?utm_source=All&utm_campaign=Daily+Moment+of+Awake+in+the+Inbox+of+Your+Mind&utm_medium=email