Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, February 11, 2013

A Party Weekend!

It's been quite the festive weekend in our household!  Per our usual Friday was spent lounging about in the morning, well if being awakened at 5:23 can be considered lounging.  I told Tate it was still nighttime and he needed to have more night nights.  That got me about 20 minutes of tossing and turning in bed with me, but I suppose it's progress?  I then rolled over and gave him my phone to watch his precious trains on YouTube.  I finally got out of bed a little after 7, got breakfast going and got us ready for the day.  Swim lessons first;  he did great!  He can swim about 4-6 feet on his own.  So very proud of him!  I then dropped him at daycare, and I headed over to get my hair colored!   

Drop off was a bit interesting though.  Tate's hair was damp of course from swim lessons, and it was about 63 degrees out, so not cold, but definitely not hot.  The kids were all playing outside which is shaded, and there is a breeze.  On top of this, Tate was wearing a short sleeved shirt.  Thus I wanted him to put on his lightweight jacket.  About 80% of the kids were wearing jackets mind you.  Well the tears and sadness and meltdown that ensued would have brought tears to a statue.  He was just adamant about not putting on a jacket and becoming more and more upset the more I said he would have to go inside alone if he didn't put on his jacket.  I said "Look around...everyone is wearing a jacket."

Of course, right at that moment his BFF flew by on a bike.  Not wearing a jacket.  

Tate gave me a look of disdain and said "L's not wearing a jacket!!!"  

I gave in.  Took the jacket that he practically threw at me as he ran off after L.  

Seconds later, he ran back over to me and threw his arms around my legs and demanded a kiss and a hug.

That made my day.

That evening we met Lindsey for dinner at one of our favorite places.  We opted to eat outside. (What was I thinking??!)  The weather was absolutely gorgeous.  But Tate pitched a fit wanting to eat inside; this boy does not do change well...normally we eat inside.  I convinced him by saying  lying that he might see a train if he ate outside.

Of course he ran to the table!  Once we sat down I realized that though it was only 5pm the sun would soon be setting and it was already becoming cool.  I offered Tate his jacket to no avail.  He insisted on getting goose bumps.  He did take the blanket from the car I offered him, and then Lindsey and I asked the waiter to bring us one of those heaters.  That did the trick and a fantastic time was had by all!

I asked for a 'small' plate of french fries!!  That is huge!
When he wasn't looking I took a couple of huge handfuls
and put them on a plate on the ground!!
Saturday morning we blew off our Music Together class.  I think this is going to be our last session.  He just isn't into anymore; he's ready to leave about halfway through.  He's one of the oldest in the class, and his friend whom he adored from the last 3 sessions is no longer coming;  she was about 4 1/2 and getting too old as well.  So though I've paid a good deal of money, we didn't go.  We'll go a few more times and then just be done.

It was really nice to just hang out and not have to really be anywhere, and it gave me the opportunity to get ready for the party that evening.  Tate probably watched one too many 'Curious George' episodes, but when he was tired of watching he played with his trains for 2 hours straight.  I love that boy! 

After lunch I loaded him up into the car just in time for a nap, and we headed off to my parents.  I was dropping him off to spend the afternoon and evening with his beloved Papa.  In addition, I picked up my mommy for the festivities.  After getting situated and Papa well instructed we were off.  The boys were ensconced in the viewing of 'The Polar Express!'


Look at that love!
By 6pm I was ready for my 10th Annual Slumber Party!  I can't believe I've done this for 10 years!!  It is so very much fun.  I invite all my girlfriends, we drink cosmos and wine, order the yummiest pizza ever, eat every carb we can get our hands on, watch chick flicks and make Valentines.  I have a massage therapist come in and anyone who wants to pay for a massage can get one for as long as they want.  It's just a great time of girlfriends.  And these fabulous girls come from all walks of my life, so many of them only know me or just 1 or 2 other people.  But it doesn't matter;  the joy and laughter of quality time together resonates throughout the house.  There were about 20 of us this weekend!  Funnily enough, I feel like I don't get to talk to anyone more than a second;  I rarely sit down to make a Valentine; I get a short massage as to not miss anyone, yet I always feel like the party goes by in 20  minutes and I haven't really seen anyone.  I need to make an effort next year to just put the food out and go sit down, but I did have a great time.

AND our first chick flick of the evening was 'MAGIC MIKE!'  Ok, so we had Lindsey cut to just the best dancing, er strip scenes and that started our night off just right!!!

I love my girlfriends...




Old friends are the best friends...sorority sisters!!
I fell into bed around midnight.  At some point I woke up, but just turned over for a change and went right back to sleep.  I didn't wake again until 7:25!!!  Wow that felt great!!  I laid in bed for about another 30 minutes, though about 15 minutes later I heard my sweet Mommy bustling about downstairs.  This woman is the energizer bunny, and she's just so very awesome.  I came downstairs and she had pretty much cleaned everything up.  She's just amazing.  We had some breakfast, did some grocery shopping and checked in on the boys.  As I expected Tate did great.  He slept from about 815 to 615 for his Papa.  They even shared the little double bed in the guest bedroom as Tate refused to sleep in his little toddler Thomas bed.  My mom and I arrived there around 11 and per their usual, they were watching trains.

I gave Tate some lunch, then re-loaded up the car, and we headed out to the Great Train Expo.  He napped as instructed on the car ride, and actually I had to sit in the parking lot while he finished his more than an hour long nap.  Once he was up we were ready to see some trains.  He had an absolute blast.  

(Now his behavior was not fantastic the first 20 minutes or so.  We had a couple of meltdowns where he wouldn't follow instructions (by the people running some of the exhibits) and I had to drag him off to have a conversation or two. After threatening to leave and marching him to the front door, he got hold of himself, and the last 2 hours were great.)

Yes, the last 2 hours.  We were there 2 1/2 hours.  We closed the show down.  He was in heaven.










This is a model of the train we nicknamed 'Javier' and
rode in Germany with Christian.
What a festive weekend!  Mommy time!  Tate and Papa time!  Mommy and Grandmommy time!  Mommy and Tate time!!  

So blessed.



4 comments:

Abby said...

hooray for an amazing weekend!

Anonymous said...

Looks and sounds like a great weekend! I love the idea of your girls night!

Tiara said...

Sounds like an awesome weekend!!

Laraf123 said...

You pack more into a weekend than most people pack in a month--good for you!

We've done the train show a couple of time. You're lucky, my boys can only handle an hour or so of the big venue. I never get to finish looking around!