Wow! Tate and I have had an amazing couple of weeks!
Last weekend he was a lion for Halloween. And he was super cute if I say so myself. His daycare had their annual fall festival, so I dressed him up and off we went. Grandmommy came along with us. We then ventured to the Motherhood Center for their annual party. He took a great picture and got third place in their costume contest. Granted it wasn't really a 'contest.' We just had to have our friends vote for him...there was no real judging LOL! But third place is respectable! :)
| Trick or Treating with fave neighbor Kristin |
| My cute little lion! |
So, I have determined that once you have kids talking to random other parents is not only easy; it's also expected! We go to the little playground at Memorial Park at least once a week. I've been pleasantly surprised by how other parents also say at least hi! There's always the convo...'ahhh, how old is she/he?' It's been quite festive. And last Saturday, Tate and I met a really nice mom and her daughter (just about a month younger than Tate). I told her about the fall festival at our school that same day, and she showed up! How cool is that? We then exchanged phone numbers. She lives right around the corner, so I'm hoping we can hook up to go to the park more often.
| Not so thrilled at the Fall Festival! |
That being said, I've always been leery of making friends with other women solely because we have kids. Well, maybe leery is the wrong word...I guess I just don't quite get the point. If the only thing we have to talk about is potty training or tantrums, what am I getting out of the relationship? I've been so blessed to have such an amazing group of girlfriends; and now most of them have kids or are having them. It is nice to have people who are at the almost exact same point of motherhood as me, but I am so much more than a mother, though it rarely seems like it. But were it not for my 'girls' I would lose my mind. I love our book club, Sunday night dnners and random get togethers. Sure we talk about our kids, but we also talk about just us! Our lives, our happinesses, our sadnesses and boys :) Ahhh, we shall see as this pans out over the years!
| Me and my girls! |
We are in the throes of full tantrum mode these days. And most of the time I truly have no idea what has set Tate off. I haven't taken a toy away, I haven't told him 'no don't touch that'; it's just totally random. He will simply storm off, and I mean storm off and go to the corner, wall or cabinet and scream. This will go on for 10-15 minutes...it's ridiculous. I really don't get it. Today at Target he was a nightmare, and I just don't know why. Maybe he didn't want to be there? Maybe he was hungry? Or maybe he just wanted to embarrass me. Who knows. It was most unpleasant, but at least he is still at the age where I can have him in the cart still, so he can't throw himself out in the middle of the floor. He just screamed the entire time in the cart. I had to go in with him screaming as I needed the champagne and OJ for the baby shower I'm throwing with the girls tomorrow!
We had a sort of 15 month check up today. Tate is 21 lb 13 oz; don't know how tall he is, but he's taller than most kids his age. He still has a cough that has been lingering for over a month; the ped thinks it's allergies, and as he's been on Omnicef for almost 2 weeks and not gotten better we're going to go with allergies. I don't want to do another antibiotic because they are so bad for his little tummy. He got his HIB vaccination today, and he did not cry at all!! Not a peep. I looked up to see when the nurse was going to give the shot, and she was cleaning up the mess. She had already given it, and Tate had not flinched!! Such a big boy!!

1 comment:
He is a big boy (and having the tantrums that come with this age!) I love that last pic of him--he looks darling. I'm glad he is feeling much better after that terrible scare you had a few weeks ago!
Post a Comment